American Poetry is a fully searchable compendium of 5,000 poems by 50 of America's greatest poets, each poem is displayed in its entirety. The collection contains poems of Robert Frost, e.e. cummings, Edgar Allan Poe, Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, Ezra Pound, Walt Whitman, T.S. Eliot, Sylvia Plath, Stephen Crane and many other famous poets.
- Collection of 5,000 poems by 50 well-known American poets
- Fully searchable by title and first line
- Type size is continuously adjustable
- World famous poems by Frost, Thoreau, Dickinson, Sandburg, Emerson, and more
- Email poems from within the app
American Poetry is a haven where a reader can spend some time, whenever they wish.
Try other Macsoftex Apps
Louvre Art Gallery
National gallery, London
Desire and intimacy are very much a part of Love, and these erotic poems prove that sex need not be sordid or ugly. On the contrary, between two people very much in love with each other, sex can the most beautiful and natural thing in the universe.
"Note : The information contained in this application is strictly for educational purposes. Therefore, if you wish to apply ideas contained in this application, you are taking full responsibility for your actions. we are in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is”, and without warranties."
Categories & Sub-categories:
Birthday: Happy Birthday, Love, funny, birthday poems for friends, parents, siblings, kids, boyfriend/girlfriend, kids
Love poems: romantic, broken heart, I love you, missing you, poems for boyfriend, girlfriend
Friendship poems: best friends, any friends, funny friends
Expressions: farewell, funny, get well soon, good luck, good morning, good night, sorry, thank you, sympathy
Celebrations: Anniversary, graduation, new baby, wedding
Family: Poems for family, brother, sister, father, mother, grandparents, grandchildren, husband, wife, son, daughter
Christmas: Short poems, funny poems, poems for children, Merry Christmas poems, Christian poems
Holidays: 4th of July, Easter, Father's Day, Halloween, Mother's Day, New Year, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day
- Easy navigation into categories and sub-categories to find the required poem easily.
- Share poems with your friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, Email or Text.
* Compose haiku with no syllable limitations
* Share haiku by email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and with other iKu users
* Discover other people whose haiku you like
* Follow your friends to get updated when they post new haiku
* Compose whether you have an internet connection or not--your changes will be synced the next time you're online!
Twelve of the most commonly used figures of speech are presented around a fourth wheel, and students can look up less common literary devices in a full glossary of literary terms. In an expanded section on meaning, students can reference the proper sequence of literary analysis, patterns of paragraph development, and common elements found within successful literary analysis essays.
Literary Analysis Guide has helped students visualize how the elements of literature develop style and meaning since the beginning of the smartphone revolution. Now with illustrated example paragraphs for all major terms, users can see literary devices at work within properly written analyses. Also, with a full glossary of literary terms, students can now search for the meaning of more esoteric literary concepts including a broadened selection of figures of speech, poetic forms, dramatic forms, tropes, schemes, techniques, and various forms of literary criticism.
Whether preparing for the Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature exam or composing a graduate-level thesis, this app will help you on your way. Literary Analysis Guide was developed by a college English professor with extensive secondary experience and is appropriate for all levels from secondary through university-level academics.
**Literary Analysis Guide was featured in iPhone Life Magazine among the best apps for back to school.**
***Literary Analysis Guide was featured by AppPicker among the highest value apps.***
This application lets you browse Romantic Ideas, Love Poems, Love Songs, Love Stories, Valentine Day Poems, Valentine Quotes, Love SMS, Romantic Poems, Sad Breakup Quotes and Ways to Say I Love You.
A quality Love and Romantic Collections forward them to your loved one to show that you care. This app is loaded with romantic ideas to enhance your marriage, romance your girlfriend or boyfriend, and wonder her this Valentine’s Day!
Some Highlights of the application:
- Collection of Love and Romance
- User Friendly Navigation
- Browse and mark as your Favorites
- View only favorite quotes by selecting the Favorite option from the menu.
- Publishing on Facebook.
- Choose List View from the menu to view a list of all Love and Romantic Collections.
- Enjoy Valentine With Great Love Poems, Quotes, Songs And Ideas.
- Express your love with - Romantic Valentine's Love Poems!
- Express your feelings towards your lover, fiancé or wife with romantic lyrics of love poems.
This app is a must have for those needing to add more romance in their lives. And let’s face it…we all do!
Greatest iPhone app with love and romantic ideas for both her an him!!!
Arranging words into your own poetry is much easier and smoother (and thus more enjoyable) using Verses, as opposed to the original "real life" fridge magnets. But even more enjoyable is the pleasure of sharing your poetic creations with friends. With the click of a button, you can publish your poem to Facebook (assuming you're logged in). Then ALL of your friends can see your creativity, not just the ones who happen to be in standing in front of your fridge (Facebook account and network connectivity required). Plus you can email your poetry directly to your friends, all without ever leaving the app. You can also save your poetry to your device's photo album.
Verses comes with 4 dictionaries, including:
•Old School Words
•New School Words
•If Ands Or Buts Dictionary
You can also buy premium dictionaries for an additional cost, which can add even more flavor and character to your poems. Premium dictionaries are available as optional in-app purchases and include:
•60's Dictionary 1
•60's Dictionary 2
•19th & 20th Century Dictionary
We've also added Achievements that will track your progress and keep a tally of your own personal "Poetry Score."
POETRY EVERYWHERE is a collection of short poetry videos featuring contemporary poets reading their own works, introduced by Garrison Keillor. It’s pure poetry! With easy navigation, this app is a sure way to provide reflection and inspiration.
"What makes a good poem? I’d say stickiness, a kind of memorability....You hear it and a day later some of it is still there in your brain. I think a poem is “good” if it's memorable, reciteable, and it’s accessible. There are many good poems out there you don't get a chance to see or hear and now Poetry Everywhere is giving people just that opportunity." - Garrison Keillor
With selections ranging from Billy Collins and Ted Kooser to Lucille Clifton, Maxine Kumin, and Marilyn Chin, the POETRY EVERYWHERE app is a fresh take on poetry. Enjoy a broad spectrum of voices and gain an even deeper appreciation of this timeless art form.
About the Project:
WGBH (wgbh.org) and David Grubin Productions, in association with the Poetry Foundation, created this project to reach new audiences with the power of great poetry, and to increase poetry’s presence on television and the Web.
In addition to our website, www.pbs.org/poetry, the videos will appear on local public television stations. We hope this project offers moments of
excitement and even revelation throughout your day.
From William Shakespeare to César Vallejo to Heather McHugh, the Poetry Foundation's app turns your phone, iPod Touch or iPad into a mobile poetry library:
* Search for old favorites with memorable lines.
* Give your device a shake to discover new poems to fit any mood.
* Save your favorite poems to read and share later—through Facebook, Twitter, or e-mail.
* Read poems by T.S. Eliot, Pablo Neruda, Lucille Clifton, Emily Dickinson, and many others.
Nominated for a WEBBY award.
Not only does the Poetry Notes decode and fully explain the meaning of ten famous poems but it does so by breaking them down into their most basic parts and then showing HOW each of those elements helps to create the overall meaning of the poem. Poetry Notes helps students understand how to analyze literature and write precise and highly detailed essays that avoid summary and explain HOW the elements of literature make meaning.
Poetry Notes uses detailed annotations and notes to break down each poem into its most basic elements and illustrate how those elements develop meaning. Each of the ten titles includes a clean text version of the poem, a fully annotated version, and an extensive notes section. In the notes section, click on any of the literary terms listed around several literary analysis wheels and a screen appears containing a detailed explanation of how that element of poetry helps to develop the overall theme of the poem.
Users receive the full content for all ten of the following poems for the single price of the app:
1. "Kubla Khan" - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
2. "Mending Wall" - Robert Frost
3. "Mowing" - Robert Frost
4. "Sonnet 130" - William Shakespeare
5. "The Raven" - Edgar Allan Poe
6. "The Second Coming" - William Butler Yeats
7. "The Wild Swans at Coole" - William Butler Yeats
8. "Ulalume" - Edgar Allan Poe
9. "Ulysses" - Alfred Lord Tennyson
10. "A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" - John Donne
Poetry Notes was developed by a college English professor with extensive secondary experience and is appropriate for all levels from secondary through graduate-level university academics.
The Quotes are from well know authors like: Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King, Paulo Coelho, Abraham Lincoln, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Ghandi, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, Henry David Thoreau, Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss and much much more!
PS. You dont need to be connected to the internet to use the app.
- Beautiful graphics with support to Retina Display;
- More than 5,000 quotes;
- You can save your favorites quotes;
- Universal App: You can run on the iPhone, iPods and iPads.
For only $0.99 you can unlock the PRO version of the Quotes app.
The PRO version allow you to share the quotes on Twitter, Facebook, Email, Text Message or just copy the text to use in any other app.
Also you will remove the Ads banner.
If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to submit a quote, fell free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You get a database of way over 100,000 words and phrases right at your fingertips. Find rhymes without an internet connection, but if you are on the net when you use the app, it can connect you to RhymeZone.com for definitions and all the other great features you've come to love. Or you can look it up on our sister site, OneLook.com, or even hear it pronounced with your device's built-in text-to-speech.
There's also a nifty "Poet Maker" feature, which lets you find words that match constraints on both rhyme and meaning at the same time. For example, suppose you want a word that rhymes with "cat" and means "heavy"; this feature will answer "fat" in no time. Or suppose you're looking for a rhyme of "curious" that means "invalid"; you'll get "spurious". You get the idea! This feature is experimental; registered users of the app will get free upgrades as they become available.
So whether you're looking to put on the finishing touches of a love poem, bust out the next rap lyric, or just seeking some clever wordplay for your English assignment, give the app a try!
Select a mood and see a poem written by a teen just like you, or browse poems to find one you like.
Every poem in Teen Ink is written by a teen between the ages of 13-18, and the poems in Poetry-To-Go are the best of Teen Ink! Our editors went through and carefully chose a selection of poems for this app that we think you will like - no matter what mood you're in. Pick a mood and see what you think!
Teen Ink is a national teen magazine, book series, and website devoted entirely to teenage writing and art. Teen Ink offers teens like you the opportunity to publish their creative work and opinions on the issues that affect their lives - everything from love and family to bullying and community service. Hundreds of thousands of students have submitted their work to us and we have published more than 45,000 teens since 1989!
‘Poetry, this trinity of sound, sense and sensibility, gives voice to experience in the way that no other art form can’ Josephine Hart
The Josephine Hart Poetry Foundation has developed a free app, allowing users to read their favourite poetry collections alongside performances and narrations by great actors.
The Poetry Hour app was originally designed for the late author and poetry enthusiast, Josephine Hart. It is now being constantly updated to ensure that all the readings surrounding her infamous Poetry Hours will be available to view.
The Poetry Hour app will draw you into a parallel universe of over one hundred poems from sixteen of the greatest poets of all time. The poetry is accompanied by video and audio narrations from over thirty world-class actors and performers.
The Poetry Hour app was designed for students, teachers, poetry lovers and poetry novices – everyone should be given the chance to enjoy great poetry read aloud.
Read introductions and essays for each poet, beautifully written by Josephine Hart. Her knowledge of poetry and passion for verse makes this feature an ideal educational tool for anyone and everyone wanting to dive into the enchanting world of poetry.
Are you a poet? Do you fancy creating your own poetry? Write poems, save them into your very own library, and share your creations with your friends. If you get stuck along the way, The Poetry Hour app can supply you with inspirational words from all your favourite poets.
‘Poetry, once it entered my mind, surfaced at times of need and became a lifeline’ Josephine Hart
W.H Auden, Elizabeth Bishop, Robert Browning, Lord Byron, Emily Dickinson, T.S Eliot, Robert Frost, Rudyard Kipling, Philip Larkin, Robert Lowell, John Milton, Marianne Moore, Sylvia Plath, Christina Rossetti, Percy Bysshe Shelley, William Butler Yeats
THE POETRY HOUR NARRATORS
Melvyn Bragg, Richard Eyre, David Hare, Frieda Hughes, Tom Stoppard, Alan Yentob, Peter Florence & Deborah Findlay
THE POETRY HOUR ACTORS
Eileen Atkins, Claire Bloom, Bono, Tom Burke, Nancy Carroll, Simon Callow, Alan Cox, Brian Cox, Kenneth Cranham, Sinead Cusack, Charles Dance, Hugh Dancy, Joanna David, Brian Dennehy, Lindsay Duncan, Rupert Evans, Ralph Fiennes, Deborah Findlay, Peter Florence, Edward Fox, Emilia Fox, Bob Geldof, Alexander Gilmour, Julian Glover, Grey Gowrie, Rupert Graves, Robert Hardy, Tom Hollander, Frieda Hughes, Jeremy Irons, Max Irons, Derek Jacobi, Felicity Jones, Felicity Kendal, Damien Lewis, Helen McCrory, Ian McDiarmid, Elizabeth McGovern, Roger Moore, John Mortimer, Harold Pinter, Rosamund Pike, Edna O’Brien, Charlotte Rampling, Kelly Reilly, Eddie Redmayne, Dan Stevens, Juliet Stevenson, Mark Strong, Harriet Walter, Dominic West, Samuel West, Greg Wise and Angus Wright.
- Read poetry from sixteen of the greatest poets through the ages
- Listen and watch powerful narrations, as over thirty world-class actors and performers read poetry aloud
- Read in-depth introductions and essays by Josephine Hart on each poet and their poetry
- Share everything through Email, Twitter and Facebook
- Meme creator. Add your own meme with a background from your camera roll or take snaps directly with your phones camera
- Receive occasional push notifications to inform you of any notable new additions to the poetry collection
- Listen to a large collection of poetry read by great actors
• Memorize any text in virtually any language
• Memorize your favorite verses in your favorite Bible translation*
• 3 progressively difficult drills
• The second drill adapts to how well you know the verse
• You can use the built-in dictation on the third drill (only tested in English, short phrases work best)
• Track your progress and check-off verses you've fully memorized
• Review memorized verses as needed (see the "Recommended for review" category)
• Define your own categories to organize your verses
• Memorize poems, short speeches, movie lines, Bible verses in any version, etc.
* The fine print: This app does not contain Bible verses (except just a few so you can try the app as soon as you open it). To get your fav verses in your fav translation, see 4 methods below.
Four ways to add verses to the app:
• direct entry into the app via iPhone keyboard or bluetooth keyboard (laborious, but a great way to jump-start the process!)
• direct entry on a computer, email it to your phone, copy from email, paste into the app
• lookup the passage via iPhone's Safari (e.g., biblegateway.com) or YouVersion Bible app, copy verses, paste into the app
• use the batch import/export feature in the Settings to import verses from a text file
This app is not localized, but any language may be used for the text to memorize (however, the third drill doesn't work well with non-alphabetic languages such as Chinese).
What the app doesn't (yet) do:
• sync to the cloud or across devices
• provide a large number of pre-loaded Bible verses
Email your questions, suggestions, tips, and complaints to email@example.com.
Author: Douglas Ivers of One Time Software
HOW TO VISUALIZE YOUR POETRY
1) Choose (or DRAW!) your shape and style
2) Type your text. Watch as it instantly arranges as a mosaic
3) Perfect your shape by pinching and dragging words to resize and rotate.
* Change fonts
* Customize colors
* Draw your own shapes
* See examples and demo videos at: imagechef.com/poetry
USE IN EDUCATION
Concrete Poetry is poetry in which the meaning is portrayed in a visual manner. It can be taught in class from 3rd to 9th grades using the Visual Poetry application. An example poem could be for students to write a description of something (such as an animal) and use Visual Poetry's drawing features to have the descriptive text in the shape of that object.
Created by ImageChef. Express yourself instantly with hundreds of tools and templates at ImageChef.com. Try our other hit creative apps ImageChef and ImageChef+
-->> Search iTunes for "A+ Writing Prompts", our an all inclusive, bundled app... perfect for the classroom!
-->> Are you an artist? Search iTunes for "Art Prompts" - Our app just for you!
Our writing prompt generators use current events, scene elements, words, sketches, colors, genres and writing types, unleashing endless random bits of fantasy to fuel your muse. Plus, we've included our database of 600 creative writing prompts so you've got them right at your finger tips, online or off!
Shake your device or swipe across the screen to change prompts. Add the prompts you like best to your favorites and revisit them at any time.
** Five prompt generators: News, Scenes, Sketches, Texts and Words. Store your favorite prompts into the "Fav's" tab by tapping the favorite star on any prompt.
** Includes 400 scene elements, 450 words, 60 sketches, 10 colors, 80+ genres and more -- all of which generate millions and millions of unique prompts. Add up to 4 additional packs of prompts through in-app purchase. Each pack includes hundreds of new scene elements, 100 sketches and more. Add them all you'll have literally billions of possible prompts.
** Includes over 800 text prompts. This assortment of phrases, quotes, writing exercises, story openers and more will help inspire you to write.
** Store an unlimited number of prompts in your "Favorite Prompts". Quickly swipe back and forth to page through them.
** Prompts in portrait and landscape orientations.
** Multitasking support! Switch to another app and back, Writing Prompts resumes right to where you left off.
** Swipe left-to-right to go back to previous prompt! (There's a setting to flip this right-to-left or turn swiping off.)
Sure to help you fight writer's block and get your creativity flowing, your inner writer will love this tool. It's the writing help you've been missing.