Here’s what you can look forward to every month in Astronomy magazine:
Spectacular photography: Full color images of distant galaxies, blazing stars, icy moons, stunning planets and more.
Expert observing tips: Down-to-earth advice to view the universe from your own backyard.
Top-notch science reporting: Leading experts keep you in the loop on the latest news and discoveries in the science of astronomy.
Monthly star maps: Learn what to see and where to see it in the night sky.
And much more!
Download this app to enjoy free previews of our magazine and occasional free article packages from the pages of our publication. Issues of our magazine are offered for purchase as single copies, month-to-month subscriptions or full-year subscriptions.
Astronomy subscriptions available:
•1-year subscription (12 monthly issues) for $42.99, automatically renewed until canceled
•1-month subscription for $3.99, automatically renewed until canceled
•Single issue purchase for $5.99, no automatic renewal
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off the auto-renew feature in your user account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. iTunes will automatically charge your account for the same price stated above for each renewal period 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes.
ATTENTION SUBSCRIBERS: If you are having problems viewing your issues or subscription information after the iOS 7 update, please go to the Welcome section and click “Restore Purchases.”
New pictures every day.
“An immersive app that immediately invites exploration” – The New York Times
It’s never been easier to explore the world’s continents, great oceans and changing environments. As you travel from country to country, you’ll meet different people from around the planet and find out about their way of life. With the tap of a finger, you can encounter amazing wildlife, and discover famous landmarks, fantastic natural features and remarkable buildings.
A multi-language, universal app optimised for the retina display
• Spin, zoom and fly around the globe!
• Read and listen to geographer and BBC TV presenter Nick Crane
• Learn fascinating facts about every country
• Watch hundreds of mini-videos
• Enjoy beautiful animated illustrations by artist David Dean
• Follow an ever-changing soundscape
• Expand your world with extra packs, including World Art & International Football
• Browse through hundreds of breathtaking photographs
Languages: English, French, Spanish, Catalan, Japanese, German
Pack languages: Vary
Don’t forget to SHARE A REVIEW! We’d love to hear from you!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY and stay updated about Barefoot World Atlas!
Visit the website: www.barefootworldatlas.com
Visit our websites: www.amphio.co www.barefootbooks.com
For technical issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com
Use the multitouch screen to manipulate the view. Spin above the surface, or switch to Telescope mode to see the Moon as it appears from your location on Earth. Adjust the display time and watch the sunlight shift over the lunar landscape. A "tag cloud" floats just above the surface, labeling terrain features and spacecraft; touch any label to find out more about that feature. Moon Globe also shows you where the Moon and Sun are in the sky with its dynamic sky compass.
This sophisticated astronomy simulation is FREE so that you can learn about Earth's Moon and wow your friends with what your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad can do. For Moon Globe fans, Moon Globe HD is also available with twice the map resolution.
Over 10 million downloads!
• Sky 2D: locate planets with flat view of sky
• Sky 3D: planetarium style view of the sky
• Visibility: shows times when planets are visible
• Globe: rotating 3D globe of planets and moon
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's interactive experience makes learning your way around the sky intuitive and fun.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. Sky Guide works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
- 3D Touch: Peek and Pop previews of articles from Search. Quick actions from home screen app icon.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders (now enhanced with 3D Touch).
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Sky Guide SUPERMASSIVE. This extensive add-on gives you access to incredible high definition zooming, 50× larger star and deep sky catalogs, and exclusive cinematic tours. SUPERMASSIVE includes a free two-week trial followed by an auto-renewing annual subscription. (See In-App Purchases section for the price available in your country. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your account settings after purchase.)
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Simply choose a planet from the list, and move your device according to the pointer display, the pointer represents the planet.
"Sanderson - I have dabbled with astronomy for 30 years, star maps, celestial co-ordinates, Patrick moores year book but this app renders them all obsolete. It makes locating stars and planets Childs play!"
"I am amazed! - I love this app! It does exactly as promised. Got a telescope for Christmas and hated not know what I was looking at or where to find what I wanted to look at. This app made stargazing a million times better for me and my kids!"
"I was thrilled when the cross hairs appeared on screen and Guided me to the planet that I had selected from the list. And that was only the free app!I highly recommend this app for anyone who is curious about the stars above. Well worth the purchase I say."
"Tech at it's best! - Awesome program. Any astronomer knows the computational power needed for these algorithms. And the iPhone sensors are up to the task. Unique. Buy it."
- Augmented Reality display - guides you to the chosen star
- Compass, GPS, accelerometer, camera and clock aware
- All 7 planets including Sun and Moon
- All 88 constellations for $0.99 !
- The 300 brightest stars for $0.99 !
- The 150 Brightest Satellites for $0.99 !
- Full Augmented Reality display
- Automatic time sync
- Moon phase display
- Planets information: description, mass, diameter, range
- Constellations Maps
- Satellite tracking map
- Great for astronomy fans
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Star Walk now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it.
- AR Grand Orrery (Premium Feature) : With iOS 11 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the new Grand Orrery feature! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! Walk up to the planets and see them in great detail, view their moons and surrounding satellites. Even see current space missions in our Solar System! Not only can you explore from space, with our new Grand Orrery you’re able to actually land on the planets and view the sky from Mars or even Jupiters moons for instance! The Night Sky Grand Orrery opens up the sky from any vantage point in our entire Solar System! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 11!
- Live Night Sky Tours: New for Night Sky 5, tap Sky Tours for a tour of the sky above you. Night Sky will guide you to each constellation currently visible and inform you of the stars. Customize your tour by selecting its duration.
- Worldwide Night Sky Tours (Premium Feature): Create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- My Sky Notifications - New for Night Sky 5, completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. We’ve now also included Iridium Flare notifications for your current location. Manage all notifications with a new simple list. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- Power Sky View with Glass Constellations: 115000 celestial objects, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- Magic comes to Apple Watch: We have brought Sky Tracking to Apple Watch in Night Sky on watchOS 4. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- Land on the Moon (Premium Feature): Moon Tours - One giant leap for innovation. We’ve accurately recreated the Apollo 11 and Apollo 15 lunar landing sites in a 3D environment as they would appear if you we’re there today!
- Night Sky Tonight: Get a totally customized experience, Night Sky Tonight gives you an animated view of the sky above you from Sunset to Sunrise. You can scrub through the night to see all celestial events happening local to you.
- Latest News (Premium Feature): Get regular updates about the Night Sky above from our very own astrophysicist and Night Sky Editor.
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
★★★★ "We cannot recommend this application enough." - The iPhone App Review
★★★★ "Really cool." - Daily App Show
✓ It’s your spaceship, fly wherever you want.
✓ Explore over eight billion miles of space.
✓ Stop and learn about any object you see.
✓ Forty moons, planets, and space probes.
✓ Orbit Mars, explore the moons of Saturn.
✓ Travel to the edge of space, look at Earth.
✓ Watch the Size of the Planets video.
Note: 3D solar System is designed for use with iPhone 4 and above or iPod Touch 4 and above. A Hasbro my3D viewer is also required.
Thank you for checking out 3D Solar System. If you like the app please leave a review. If you have any issues or suggestions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick response.
Discover the Solar System and explore the Sun, the planets and their satellites in stunning details.
Take over time and space and observe the planets' position and orbit.
★★★★★★ Interactive Learning
A great and interactive learning tool for any age to comprehend the features of the Solar System.
★★★★★★ 3D Augmented Reality
Immerse yourself in the 3D Augmented Reality and enjoy the incredible experience.
Have the Solar System in the palm of your hand, on your desk or on your floor.
Download Augmented Reality Board:
Support, questions and requests:
AWARDED APPSTORE BEST OF 2012 US AND UK
Now for iPhone and iPad 1 - with added features: cause the supernova explosion of Betelgeuse! Land on the surfaces of Mars, the Moon, Io and Enceledus!
Journey up from the smallest particles, past the moons and planets of the Solar System, out through the Oort Cloud to the Milky Way, past our Local Stars and out to distant galaxies before arriving, finally, at the edge of the known Universe. On the way you will encounter the likes of seething Red Giants, beautiful Nebulae, pulsing Neutron stars and confront a daunting vision of a Black Hole sucking down a hapless star, all rendered in spectacular 3D.
Professor Brian Cox provides mind-expanding insight in over 200 interactive articles pinned to the stars, planets, galaxies and other wonders modelled in extraordinary 3D, written in his accessible style and accompanied by two and a half hours of video from the BBC TV series Wonders of the Solar System and Wonders of the Universe. The app also includes hundreds of infographics and images of space objects supplied by astronomy experts, NASA and other space researchers.
• Explore the entire Universe in 7 interlinked scales from sub-atomic to the edge of the known Universe, or take Brian's tours • Two-and-a-half hours of BBC video from the Wonders TV series (requires wifi) • 50+ spectacular 3D models of planets, moons, galaxies and nebulae to discover • Over 200 interactive articles by Brian telling the story of the Universe • Hundreds of beautiful images from around the cosmos • High resolution graphics optimised for the new iPad
“Few apps can match Wonders of the Universe.” New York Times
“Wonders is hands down one of the best apps out there for the iPad.” The Next Web
“One of the best educational apps to date.” Cnet.com
“In a class of its own.” Daily Mail
“The graphics and content make the experience well worth it.” Mashable
“Stunningly produced.” MSN.com
“The only app I’ve ever called perfect.” Imore.com
“Have you ever wanted a grand tour of the universe…this is it, and you’ll love it.” Mac Observer
“Professor Cox shows us the Cosmos as we have never seen it before - a place full of the most bizarre and powerful natural phenomena.” Sunday Express
“It will entertain and delight.” Independent on Sunday
“He bridges the gap between our childish sense of wonder and a rather more profound grasp of the scale of things.” Independent
“Cox’s romantic, lyrical approach to astrophysics all adds up to an experience that feels less like homework and more like having a story told to you. A really good story too”. Guardian
About Professor Brian Cox:
Professor Brian Cox OBE is a particle physicist, a Royal Society research fellow, and a professor at the University of Manchester as well as researcher on one of the most ambitious experiments on Earth, the ATLAS experiment on the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland. He is best known to the public as a science broadcaster and presenter of the highly popular BBC2 series Wonders of the Solar System, Wonders of the Universe and Star Gazing Live. He was also keyboard player in the UK pop band D:Ream in the 1990s.
This app uses Flurry analytics to gather generic data about usage to help us improve the app. No identifiable information such as personal details, device identifier, location, is taken, nor will we use it for marketing or to contact you in any way.
Here is what is being said about Britannica Kids apps:
“ …outstanding quality that Encylopædia Britannica is known for.” - Adam Curry, The Big App Show
“Encyclopædia Britannica launches new educational apps - what a BRILLIANT idea!!!” – Positive Parents (www.positive-parents.com)
“…I have been seriously impressed with both the content and design.” – The iPhone Mom (www.iphonemom.com)
Britannica Kids Solar System app is perfect for getting the facts right and exploring the eight major planets and their moons, the sun, comets, asteroids, gravity, and space in a really cool way.
Learning about the solar system has never been more fun with this interactive and educational app based on the school curriculum. Ideal for homework help, the app features:
Exclusive Encyclopædia Britannica standards-based content with high quality videos, pictures, and captions written specifically for ages 8-12.
Coverage of the topic includes:
Makeup of the Solar System
Asteroids and Comets
Formation of the Solar System
Studying the Solar System
Gravity and Space
Exploring the Solar System
Planets A-Z – featuring the 8 major planets:
Then the fun starts:
Jigsaw Puzzles, created from beautiful images of the Solar System. Break apart the puzzle and have some fun by shaking your device (iPod and iPhone) and then sliding the pieces back into place to complete the puzzle - it’s not as easy as it looks!
Scramble images of the Solar System in The Magic Square game by shaking your device. Challenge yourself by re-arranging the squares to unscramble the image.
Brush Off - brush the layers to reveal images of the major planets and then try to guess what it is – how many can you answer correctly?
Test your knowledge on the Solar System with the Quiz feature - how much have you learned? But hurry: you must answer quickly as the quiz is timed!
Test your memory with the popular Memory Match game and match up the pairs!
Why not take your exploration into the Solar System a step further and link to Britannica’s online services – Britannica Online for Kids or Britannica Online – to continue your discoveries.
Try it today!
***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event
***** Featured on ABC's "The View"
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
One download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We don't think you should pay twice for the same app on a bigger screen.
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specially for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — Information pops up on screen as you move. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distinguishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy since your finger doesn't hide what you are trying to identify.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• On screen object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Light adjustment for viewing conditions
• Red light mode for night vision
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, comet, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, comet, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Many more enhancements to come as free updates.
* See web site for video demo
Newton's Law of the response of a planet to the force acting on it is :
F = m * dv/dt
"dv/dt" is an expression from differential calculus. For doing a numerical simulation of the type presented in this app, the calculus reduces to algebra and the equation becomes :
F = m * delta_v / delta_t
The meanings of all these variables are explained in the app, along with a presentation of the numerical solution to these equations of motion. In the app itself, we use the text "delta_v" and "delta_t" instead of the triangular delta symbol, to make the mathematics look a lot more English like.
In addition to the above, the app presents the following features:
- Dazzling Planetary Photographs : 360 of the best close-up photographs of the planets and of the Sun, hand-picked from NASA's vast archive of planetary photographs. The photographs are initially displayed as thumbnails. To see a close-up of the photograph, please click on the thumbnail.
- Data on Each Planet : Factoids on each of the planets.
- Descriptions and Mythology : Descriptions of the characteristics of each of the planets, along with a presentation of what each of the planet names translate into in terms of figures from Greek and Roman mythology. Also, our approach to Pluto, which is officially no longer a planet, is given in the description section for Pluto.
In a brief, simple, clear fashion, free of technical jargon, Solar Alert warns you of possible obstacles presented, in whole or in part, to our technological society, and which the scientists of NASA have already warned will happen in the next few years.
With the information provided by this App, now you can:
√ Take necessary precautions to reduce risks associated with defects in the functioning of telecommunications.
√ Avoid air travel if the App advises you to do so, since there is a high risk of general failure in aerial control systems and propulsion of aircraft in flight in case of extreme solar event.
√ Disconnect your electric appliances in time to protect them from devastating power surges.
√ Protect your iPhone and your other electronics from intense magnetic fields.
√ Reschedule your car trips since, on the day of the arrival of the solar storm, transportation systems may be seriously affected and and cause accidents.
√ Avoid severe obstacles posed by the failure of electromechanical systems such as trains and elevators in buildings where assistance to free you can take days to arrive-
√ Be alert and prepared for possible earthquakes caused by the intense solar activity, since there is a statistically demonstrated relationship between the two phenomena.
√ Moving away from nuclear facilities since the safety of nuclear reactors can be compromised and this can cause very severe health risks for the population living within a radius of 200 kilometres around the nuclear power stations concerned.
Main features of Solar Alert.
• Algorithm that analyzes the data supplied by the agencies NOAA and NASA, calculates the alerts with accurate time and displays the recommendations in summary and in a language that is easy to understand for all users, allowing you to act with an advance of up to 3 days to be able to protect your life time and your entire family.
• Automatic early warning system that works in the background with remote monitoring and also provides precautions and actions to be performed depending on the alert level indicated.
• Visual timer that provides a countdown of time remaining until the arrival of the next solar storm.
• Easy and comfortable access to graphics and images of the Sun supplied by the observatories of the space agencies NASA and ESA, NOAA and updated every few minutes.
• Easy and convenient access to the 30 best high-definition images of the sun provided by the observatories of the space agencies NASA and ESA.
• Menu with the list of preparations and precautions to take before the arrival of a severe solar storm. Information based on the recommendations of the agencies FEMA, ICDO, and NASA.
Solar Alert is the protection service offered through auto-renewable annual subscription destined to save your life from the expected Perfect Solar Storm. This important alert service is renewed at the end of each subscription period which is one year, in other words, once a year and for only $2.99. This subscription that includes one month of trial period can be managed by the user in: IOS Settings -> iTunes Store -> Apple ID-> View Apple ID.
With Solar Alert App now you can be prevented with up to 3 days in advance of the solar storms that will halt all our technological society.
Privacy & Terms of Service url: http://solaralertapp.com/safety-system/privacy-policy.html
Start your fascinating journey through the realms of space and learn more about the universe we live in!
*** Over 6 million users!***
*** National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) - GOLD winner in the Educational Tools for Parents and Children category! ***
*** A Parents’ Choice Gold Award Winner ***
“Simply amazing.” - Macworld
“Solar Walk serves up a visually impressive 3D model of our solar system. Set against a haunting, atmospheric soundscape, the app shows planets and satellites in their correct positions, and offers mini movies, facts and other related tidbits.” - TNW
“This jaw-dropping app provides a wholly interactive 3D model of our solar system, one that’s had me hooked for days. It’s the kind of thing you can imagine a science teacher using in the classroom of the future — except that we don’t have to wait.” - CNet
“Zoom from Mercury to Pluto (which makes the cut in this app), passing each planet’s moons along the way. Because Solar Walk knows what time it is, the planets are in proper orientation to the Sun: Earth is dark where it is currently night and gradually lightens to daytime on the other side.” - NY Times
"It's great for showing my students the relative positions of the planets in the solar system, the satellites orbiting the Earth and our place in the galaxy. Awesome with a smartboard as well." - by jbrown61
Solar Walk enables you to:
► Observe 3D model of our solar system with all its objects in real time and in a proper orientation. Turn into an astronomer and explore planets, moons, satellites, asteroids, dwarf planets, comets, stars and other celestial bodies. Enjoy gorgeous graphics and visuals while navigating through the solar system!
► Make virtual flights from one space object to another.
► Travel in time and see what the universe and our solar system looked like at a certain period.
► Find an exciting view of the Milky Way Galaxy.
► Watch a collection of educational solar system movies to learn about space-related topics including Earth's moon phases, Earth's cycles, tidal phenomena, and zodiacal constellations.*
► Enjoy 3D planetarium with the help of special glasses and activating the anaglyph mode.
► Share interesting screenshots of the app with your friends.
► Choose the view mode comfortable for you (orrery/true-to-scale).
*Available through In-App Purchases.
Solar Walk is a great educational tool appropriate for both adults and children. The amount of information users can learn about the planets, moons, satellites and other celestial bodies is impressive. Information is age appropriate, detailed and animated video clips make learning our solar system even more engaging!
Our entire solar system can be explored through this excellent astronomy app!
While seeing the image of a beautiful solar system planets and moons where a zero-gravity space or the gravity space is danced.
You can switch the images at the touch of a button.
Mercury 4 images
Venus : 2 images
Earth : 9 images
Mars : 6 images
Jupiter : 4 images
Saturn : 13 images
Uranus : 2 images
Background (slider bar) : 4 images + Black
A planet or moon that is the nearest the clicked position becomes an object.
Please click on the center of the planet.
Button operation (Depends on the iOS language)
-Zero-gravity The planet/moon floats on a weightless space.
-gravity Planet/moon like a ball in accordance with gravity.
-Stop The operation to a transverse direction stops.
Transparency settings (slider bar).
-ONE just before the planet is being tapped
-ALL planet and moons
-MIX Operate a slider bar to quickly, Change in transparency.
-12:00 Target clock
-12:00 Hide / lock / Unlock the operation of the clock
-:00 Show / Hide seconds
-NAME Show / Hide the planet name
A. Zero-gravity mode (Planets mode) (boot)
One finger tap
-About 0.5 seconds or less : Keeps away (lower)
-Geostationary for about 1.0 seconds : Stop motion / cancel (It is possible even by the flick.)
-Geostationary for about 2.0 seconds : Transpearent
-Geostationary for about 3.0 seconds : Switch to Gravity mode only the selected planet(moon) / cancel
-Geostationary for about 5.0 seconds seconds : Switch to Gravity mode
-Double Tap (twice quickly) : Comes near (larger)
Another drag, flick, pinch in / out, support and the like.
B. Gravity mode (Ball mode)
1.One finger tap
-About 0.5 seconds or less : Keeps away (lower)
-About 0.5 seconds to 2.0 seconds : Slows down.
-Geostationary for about 2.0 seconds : Transpearent
-Geostationary for about 3.0 seconds : Switch to Zero-gravity mode only the selected planet(moon)
-Geostationary for about 5.0 seconds seconds : Switch to Zero-gravity mode
-Double Tap (twice quickly) : Comes near (larger)
Another shake, drag, flick, pinch in / out, support and the like.