Easy App Finder Says:No matter if you are a seasoned veteran pilot , or just starting out, we have compiled some great pilot apps in this category that are sure to be helpful. From various different aviation calculators, to simulators, to useful aviation tools, if it has to do with flying …. we got you covered.
The Aviation Abbreviation is a very simple and quick aviation abbreviations search application. It will save you a lot of time .
Good for aviation industry:
If you are a pilot or working in airlines and aviation industry, you may found yourself facing loads of abbreviations everyday in Charts, NOTAM, NOTOC, TELEX, Weather report. It is hard to remember all of those. Looking for terms that abbreviations stand for from various references take you too much time. The Aviation Abbreviation is definitely suitable for you to safe your time and enhance your work.
Nearly complete aviation abbreviations you may look for:
Aviation Abbreviation contains over 8000 terms for very quick reference. More terms will come in the upcoming free update.
Most terms can be completely displayed within main screen. For some terms that are too long to display in main screen, you can simply touch at the term to see it in the detail screen.
It also provides additional airport and IFR list containing over 6000 codes.
Total 14000+ abbreviations and codes.
- This is a 1 month free trial version, which at the end of the trial period you will be offered with subscription plans for your convenience.
- Users of the old app (green logo), please be aware that if you choose to install this update, your data will be lost and you will be moved to subscription model.
- Live chat support in-app
- Data auto-sync between devices
- Enjoy a growing +100 templates library
- iPad landscape & portrait support
- Metric/US/Mixed units support
- Variable fuel arm support
- Variable maximum weights support
- Save pre-defined weight items
- Auto fuel tops on click
- Combined stations maximum weight
- Summary to meet part 135 requirements
- Export and print summary as PDF
- Build your own aircraft templates
- Professional load sheet summary
- Complex envelope support
- Custom station weight units
- Unlimited amount of stations
US - lbs, Gal, in, qt, ft
Metric - Kg, l, m, cm, mm
Moment - /100, /1000
- Avgas, Mogas, Jet A, Jet A-1
Limitations (all exist in our roadmap):
- CG measured in length and not %MAC
- Helicopters lateral calculations
- Up to one variable fuel loading table
- No gliders
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
We do our best to improve our app from update to update, if you have any suggestions please let us know and we will consider adding them in future updates.
We believe in a quick and professional customer service, contact us via the chat in the app and we will reply within one business day.
Term of Use: https://bit.ly/2OYxaOt
With more than 75 aviation calculations, unit conversions and aviation weather reports, we are sure you will find myE6B beneficial in helping to solve the planning and navigating problems associated with flying.
In addition to a comprehensive set of flight planning calculations, myE6B includes convenient access to global METAR, TAF, AIR/SIGMET and PIREP reports, and a handy search utility for finding unknown ICAO weather station codes.
Quickly perform more than 75 aviation related calculations, including many that typically require pilots to download separate apps, such as fuel calculations and converters. myE6B accommodates every pilot's calculation and flight-planning needs in a convenient package for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
• Time, speed & distance calculations
• Advanced fuel calculations
• Wind calculations
• Altitude calculations
• Add & subtract time
• GPS coordinate converter
myE6B offers in-app access to pilot weather reports, so pilots don't have to leave the app to check the latest conditions. Search by ICAO code or browse a database of worldwide reporting stations.
• Cloud base
• MOTNE / SNOWTAM decoder
• ICAO Code database
myE6B includes more than 65 conversions and features in-calc unit converters for all metric and U.S. units, so pilots can quickly adjust results to the preferred unit of measurement.
• Latitude & longitude
• Fuel and more
myE6B is built and maintained by pilots for pilots and includes the real calculations, not "rule of thumb" estimates like others.
Try myE6B today, you will not be disappointed, as it is tried, tested, and proven by thousands of professional pilots across the globe every day.
Visit our website for more details: http://myE6B.com
Make IFR flight training easier!
Is the following scenario familiar? You receive a holding clearance from ATC, and only have a couple of minutes, sometimes only a few seconds, to choose the correct entry. By the time you've figured out what's going on, you've already passed the holding fix and don't know what to do next.
If this sounds familiar, then you need not to worry. Confusion during holding entries happens to practically almost every new instrument student. Even instrument-rated pilots occasionally have the same problem — when they don't get enough practice.
Holding Trainer solves this problem and as a result, cuts the time you have to spend on expensive flight and ground lessons. With Holding Trainer, you can practice on your own time and convenience, so that choosing the best holding entry in the air becomes a breeze.
-Entry Trainer - Drills you on choosing the best holding entry. Practice until choosing holding entries becomes second nature and impress your flight instructor with your skills.
-Holding calculator. Solve and visualize any holding scenario by entering your current bearing to the fix and a outbound or inbound holding radial.
-Holding tutorial - learn how to choose the best holding entry quickly and easily.
Holding Trainer for iOS is a complete rewrite based on my popular Flash-based desktop Holding Trainer app available on pilotscafe.com.
***Don't get "stuck" next time you receive a holding pattern clearance!***
For only a fraction of the cost of one ground lesson with your flight instructor, you can practice this important instrument skill at your own pace and save hundreds of Dollars on figuring out holding entries in the air.
This is a great tool for anyone training towards their instrument checkride, CFII, proficiency check, or simply trying to improve their holding patterns.
-Categories match AFM category breakdown
-App includes limitations & memory items (and even a few parameters) for 737 "Classic" (500) and 737 "NG" (700/800/900/900ER) airplanes
- New in version 3.4 "REVIEW" section! User can now add questions to a review pile and study them as needed!
This app makes studying Boeing 737 Limitations & Memory Items simple, convenient, and pain free!
* Advanced iOS 10 and later functionality (3D Touch Application Shortcuts, Split-View, Slide-Over)
* Efficient user interface with easy to read color scheme
* Log Certificates, Ratings, History Items (Medicals, Flight Reviews, etc.)
* Log actual and sim flights
* View when expiring events (History Items) expire instantly on your device
* Calculate duration from OUT-IN or TAKEOFF-LAND times with the tap of a button
* View powerful and comprehensive reports generated by Logbook Pro Desktop edition right on your device
* View aircraft stats such as date type was last flown, hours in type, etc.
* Show currency status with colored marker flags indicating current or expired
* View your details summary bar report
* Analyze complete logbook statistics with both totals and percentages
* View FAR 121/135 limitations with colored markers (requires Logbook Pro Professional Edition or higher)
* Auto-enter the duration value in other time fields with a single tap
* Customizable cascading time entries for Out, Takeoff, Landing, and In making flight entry quick and easy
* New flight entries can default with prior flight entry data for rapid flight log entry
* Customize the layout to declutter display showing only fields you need
* Simple synchronization
* Device uses colors to identify current and overdue, synchronized or not. No need to purge, the device manages your data smartly
* Instant filter in each data area to show: All Data, Not Yet Synchronized, Synchronized
* Free-form route entry allows a single entry for the entire day; no hassle with picking or searching for airports.
* AutoFill makes populating common time fields a breeze
* Log multiple approaches of each type for each flight
* Log "By Leg" or "By Day" allowing you to collate your entire day into a single flight log entry
* Import Airline Schedules from over 200 airline and trip formats with proper time zone handling
* Integrate with your device's calendar and sync with your other calendars
* Social networking integration with affiliate support to earn commissions on referrals. Post to Facebook or Twitter.
* App Time Zone and Sync Time Zone support for Local, UTC, or a custom selected "domicile" time zone.
* Check weather quickly on multiple destinations (METAR and TAF)
* Quick increment buttons to easily add/subtract values for fields such as landings, approaches, etc.
* Study airports your flying into with the Sky View airport viewer
* Extremely customizable with a plethora of options to make the app into what you need
* Protect app access with app security options in Settings
Notes & Requirements:
-This app is not a stand-alone logbook, it is designed to work in tandem with Logbook Pro Desktop (activation/purchase NOT required to evaluate)
-A Logbook Pro Mobile subscription is required to enable synchronization features
-A Schedule Importer subscription is required to use the airline schedule importer features
Subscriptions do not auto-renew. In-app purchases will be charged to your iTunes Account. Subscription terms and pricing may be found in the My Account area within the app.
Logbook Pro is a registered trademark of NC Software, Inc.
***** Reached No. 4 in the Navigation category of the U.S. app store for iPad! *****
Make IFR flight training easier!
Practice the use of aviation navigational equipment on your mobile device.
Simulates VOR, HSI, RMI, ADF, DME and ILS navigation.
A must have tool for any CFII, student and instrument pilot!
-Students and pilots: improve your understanding of radio instrument navigation at the comfort of your own mobile device.
-Instructors: demonstrate complex IFR concepts to your students from bird's-eye view while on the ground.
-Also suitable for flight simulator enthusiasts.
Used in classrooms, one-on-one ground sessions and by individuals to improve their IFR orientation skills.
-user reviews (from all markets)
***** Great to study instruments and saves lots of $$$!!!"
"***** I have been looking for an app such as this to teach my students"
"***** Before I used this app all this VOR orientation was so complicated, and now it's clear as ice!"
"***** Easy to use, perfectly designed and helping to understand basic navigation stuff. Highly recommended for student pilots, instrument applicant and CFI's."
- Improve your situational awareness under IFR.
- Save time and money on your instrument and initial flight training.
- Prepare for your instrument rating or proficiency check.
- Test your NAV situational awareness with the test mode.
- Flight instructors: the perfect tool to help you easily explain and demonstrate complex radio navigation concepts to your students.
-Dual navigation displays.
-VOR\NDB trainer screen: Simulates VOR and NDB navigation using VOR, HSI, ADF and RMI displays.
-ILS trainer with both VOR and HSI displays.
-DME visualization screen - demonstrates how DME slant range distance is affected by ground distance and altitude.
-Test mode - generates phantom aircraft around the navaids. Your goal is to find the correct aircraft position.
-Drag and drop the aircraft and nav fix around the screen.
-Fly! mode - Make the airplane fly around the screen. great for practicing intercepting and tracking courses.
-Wind direction & velocity control.
-Aircraft tracing (contrail mode).
-Accelerator support for aircraft control.
How to use:
-Select the various instruments by double-tapping their dials.
-Toggle VOR sectors visualization on/off.
-Auto tune OBS by pressing the OBS knob.
-Auto turn the aircraft towards the nav fix by tapping the aircraft symbol. Double tap will turn the aircraft toward NAV station #2
-Change aircraft headings by flicking your finger over the heading indicator.
-Tune the OBS by dragging your finger around the HSI/VOR displays or over the OBS knob.
The developer is a Gold Seal CFI/CFII/MEI and part 121 airline pilot
For comments, feature requests or bug reports, if you have the app, please take the survey at http://bit.ly/hCAqgF
**If you experience any problem with the app, please contact me before leaving a review and I will do my best to solve it for you.**
With Notams you can download notifications for your departure, arrival and destination fields as well as notices for en-route fields and various FIRs/Centers. What's more, this works world wide!
If the NOTAM text contains a coordinate, the App will place flag on a map along with your route. This will instantly show its relevance to your plans.
New in this version is the ability to decode common Notam abbreviations into plain English.
You really can't afford not to download this little gem!
For users upgrading to version 1.1:
I have received some reports that the application will not start after the update. If this happens to you, remove the app from you device and install a fresh version from the app store (you will not be charged). Contact me directly with any questions you may have on firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilots who are already familiar with Pilots Guide will recognize the information exactly as they see it in their paper book, but now in sharp, crisp display on their iOS device. All of the airport information is exactly where they expect to find it, without the need to learn a new format. Add to that, the enhanced features of the App (listed below) and Pilots Guide for iOS is an unbeatable VFR pilot resource!
For pilots new to Pilots Guide, this is the most comprehensive, user-friendly VFR Airport Information Guide available for the Western U.S. This is the product that sets the standard for what an airport guide should be. Five full pages for each Tower Airport cover all the standard data plus what instructions to expect from the tower; a VFR approach map with drawings of the visual reporting points that the tower uses; a detailed airport surface map showing taxiways, FBOs, transient parking and fuel islands; and a full listing of services offered by each FBO. Each non-tower airport has a half page with similar comprehensive detail. Combining our best-selling book format with the enhanced features of the App has created a VFR resource that is second to none.
● Sharp, crystal clear display of your familiar Pilots Guide pages.
● Pages are loaded into the device for full access without requiring an internet connection.
● View METAR and TAF weather data for your current location, or the airport you are viewing.
● List nearest airports; either nearest to your current location or nearest to the airport you are viewing.
● Automatic query of our Additional Changes database to display the latest information, updated daily.
● Add Bookmarks and your own notes to any page for future reference.
● On-page screen dimmer for easy viewing at night or in low-light without having to leave the App to adjust the brightness.
● Fully searchable by any word or text string.
● Add and remove highlights to any text in the Guide.
● Automatically or manually check for updates to download revised pages.
● Data Plans available for the Western U.S. Choose California, Northwest or Southwest, or any combination of the three regions.
● Data Plans are valid for use on one iPad AND one iPhone or iPod Touch.
● Data Plans are easily transferred to another like device.
● Includes comprehensive Users Guide.
● Outstanding Customer Service from Optima Publications, LLC.
Seven Data Plans cover the eleven western States in the same regional coverage as our print version of Pilots Guide: Pilots Guide to California Airports, Pilots Guide to Northwestern Airports (ID, MT, OR, WA, WY), Pilots Guide to Southwestern Airports (AZ, CO, NV, NM, UT) or any combination of those regions.
Data Plans are valid for a period of one year, beginning on the date the Data Plan is associated to the first device.
The same Data plan may be used on one iPad AND one iPhone/iPod touch, and may be transferred to other like iOS devices.
Computation of wind components (head- or tail- / crosswind left/right) in knots for wind-direction and -speed on a given runway.
Decoding of runway report (8-digit-code) found in METAR aeronautical weather reports for adverse runway conditions.
NEW: Decoding of Turbulence and Icing-Codes.
Get TAF- and METAR-Data directly from National Weather Service (NWS). Select airport from list of more than 6000 airports.
Hold Over Time
Shows hold over time-guidelines for commonly used de-icing fluid types (I-IV) according to selected weather conditions.
Meter Flight Levels (New design)
Shows flight level conversion table: Meters (STD) to Feet (STD) for China.
Build your own height-conversion-table from meters (QFE) to feet (QNH).
Fuel Calculations (New module!)
Calculate fuel uplift-, fueling- or fuel check-data and convert different units.
Please note: All data is for information only and not for operational use.
RNS-IFR PRO is a precision 2D Flight Simulator and Training Aid - Learn to manage, interpret, and become familiar with the VOR, ADF (RMI or RBI ) and Dual Needle RMI, DGYRO, HSI and DME instruments.
Students can start by simply finger moving the aircraft on the chart, observing the instrument response - progressing to full flight exercises, while tuning and managing the NAV radios, just as in real flight.
Fly pre-planned routes, or create your own from simple to complex, while navigating in a latitude and longitude area. Repeat as often as needed, always improving your instrument skills, anytime in a place of your choice.
Instructors can demonstrate to Students, basic VOR, ADF (RBI-RMI) with DME radio navigation, and advanced aspects using the HSI and Dual Needle RMI.
Experienced pilots will find RNS-IFR PRO valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
• Flight Panels optimised for iPad & iPhone, with retina display support.
• The simulator operates in an Exercise Area of approx 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields.
• Scalable chart showing Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft position.
• Full chart management showing VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
• Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
• Flight Panel and area chart simultaneously displayed.
• A choice of five realistic Flight Panels with the following instruments:
• Directional Gyro, Horizontal Situation Indicator, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI-RBI), Dual Needle RMI
• Full Radio management of ADF, NAV1, NAV2 and DME.
• Real world magnetic variation model with current variation visible on the chart.
• Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
• Altitude management and display.
• Flights in Real or Compressed time.
• Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
• Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight area mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
• Flight Panels, instruments and chart managed with intuitive multi gesture interface.
• Touch button flying controls.
• Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
• Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
• Detailed User Manual,embedded in the App.
• Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference
In-App Purchase available (RNS-USA IFR Database):
• A USA database containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the 48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii, derived from recent FAA/NFDC data.
• The data is selectable by ARTCC Region, to allow flight training within your area of interest.
• The first of a series of Information Videos is available on our website at www.digitalaviation.com.
Some Customer Reviews:
• RNS apps have been an excellent means of visually depicting cause and effects of instrument inputs as it relates to VFR and IFR navigation. In my opinion, a must for students, pilots and instructors. CFI
• I wish I'd had this tool when I first took my IMC rating - it would have saved me a lot of in flight training hours. This is a superb, intuitive, easy to use app. It will train your interpretation of the VOR and NDB so all you have to worry about in the air is flying the aeroplane
• RNS - Very nice and easy to use simulator. Strongly recommend that few bucks to test yourself in various places in USA
• A must have for all pilots - This is an amazing app. Busy with my night rating and then IFR and this helps you understand radio navigation in minutes. If you are a flight instructor get it
• A great app to practice radio navigation using VOR, ADF, DME
• This is a serious, professional, training aid. It covers real-time navigation with all the basic nav instruments
• Free one-week trial for new users! See for yourself at no risk why we're the best. Available thereafter via in-app purchase.
• Complete text FAR/AIM, namely 14 CFR, Chapter 1 (FAR) and NTSB 830, and Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), including charts and images.
• Lightning fast browsing.
• Intelligent search with full-text and header options.
• Context sensitive search (limit search to certain sections).
• Bookmarks and user highlights.
• Saved search term history.
• Email sections to friends.
The complete FAA FAR. Don't be left missing regs. CFR 14 Parts 1, 3, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 43, 45, 47, 49, 60, 61, 63, 65, 67, 71, 73, 77, 91, 93, 95, 97, 99, 101, 103, 105, 117, 119, 120, 121, 125, 129, 133, 135, 136, 137, 139, 141, 142, 145, 147, 150, 151, 152, 153, 155, 156, 157, 158, 161, 169, 170, 171, 183, 185, 187, 189, 193, 198. CFR 49, Part 830 (NTSB 830), Aeronautical Information Manual, PC/G.
Like this app? Check out our other aviation applications:
• FAA Test Prep - Private Pilot (PVT)
• FAA Test Prep - Instrument Pilot (IR)
• FAA Test Prep - Commercial Pilot (COM)
• FAA Test Prep - Fundamentals of Instructing
• FAA Test Prep - Aviation Mechanic General
• FAA Test Prep - Aviation Mechanic Airframe
• FAA Test Prep - Aviation Mechanic Powerplant
Comments or questions? Email us at email@example.com.