Midi Studio is a fantastic midi controller app that do not provide a sound but to control the sound in the studio. It's pretty unique and should be the one stand out from the crowd. - Best10Apps.com!
#Midi Studio is rated as a killer app by Apps4iDevices.com!
#Midi Studio was rated as App-of-the-Week by iDesignSound.com!
Midi Studio is a modular MIDI control surface for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad. It supports sending CoreMidi messages over a Wi-Fi network using the UDP protocol for sending and receiving MIDI messages. The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implement the MIDI protocols such as Apple Logic Pro/Express, Ableton Live, Max for Live, Cubase, Pro Tools, FL Loops and many others. The interface provides a number of different touch controls to send and receive messages: Faders / Rotary controls / Encoder controls / Push buttons / Toggle buttons / XY pads / LEDs / Labels, etc.
!!!WARNING, by default app not include "Ability to create custom layouts". This feature available only through built-purchase or you can buy a "Midi Studio Pro" version.
Midi Studio Features:
-[Ability to create custom layouts]
-[USB adapters, like "Apple camera connection kit", etc], with original Apple's pc to iPhone/iPod cable it will not work!
-[True Velocity Sensitive ] (with the force of impact)
-[Different Keys Size]
-[Custom Key Scale] - (Like: Major, Minor, Klezmer, etc...)
iPAD VERSION INCLUDE:
-Keyboard Layout - free
-Drums Layouts - free
-Drums 4x4 - free
-All XY Pads - free
-Live Pad - free
-Mixer - free
-Ability to create custom layouts - Built-in purchase only
-CD PLAYER layout - Built-in purchase only
-VINYL PLAYER layout - Built-in purchase only
-DJ MIXER layout - Built-in purchase only
-Surface and Transport Layouts (DAW CONTROL) - Built-in purchase only
-Live Drums Layout - Built-in purchase only
Transport and Surface Layouts works with:
-HUI / PRO TOOLS
iPHONE/iPOD VERSION INCLUDE:
-Keyboard Layout - free
-Drums Layouts - free
-XY Pads - free
-Mixer - free
-Ability to create custom layouts - Built-in purchase only
-Live Drums Layout - Built-in purchase only
For more info visit: www.wiksnet.com
Built specifically for use with Digital Performer, DP Control gives you easy access to the most important transport and mixer functions for tracking, simple mixing, and live performance.
DP Control works in both portrait and landscape orientations. Designed with comfortably large buttons and controls, DP Control can easily be used with only one hand by pressing buttons and swiping to new pages with your thumb.
* Real two-way communication — everything that you update in DP updates in DP Control, and vice versa.
* Editable time counter with selectable format (including real-time, SMPTE time, samples, and marker names).
* Main transport control and many other transport-related Control Panel functions (click, countoff, memory-cycle, etc.)
* Page-controlled, scrollable mixer with animated, recordable pan knobs and volume sliders, plus level meters and peak indicators.
* Solo, Mute, Record-enable, Play automation, Record automation and automation mode settings for each track.
* Track list for your DP project, complete with collapsable nested track folders and dynamically linked track organization that matches your currently open DP project on your Mac.
* Infinite undo, with a view that shows you the names of the next and previous tasks in your DP document undo history.
* Marker creation and naming.
* New Take, Previous Take, and Next Take functions that operate on all of the record-enabled tracks at once (essential for tracking drums).
* Take selection, by name, for individual tracks. Also New Take, Delete Take, and Rename Take for the current take on any individual track.
* Save function for saving changes made to the DP document.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and third-generation iPod Touch
- Not compatible with first or second generation iPod Touch
- Requires Digital Performer 7.2 or later running on a Mac on the same WiFi network as DP Control
- Must disable your Mac's firewall, or enable communication to Digital Performer through the firewall
- Must turn off BlueTooth on your mobile device before running DP Control
The application runs a simple cellular automaton on a grid of cells. The cells can be interacted with by touch and triggers of three different colors can be placed on the grid. The automaton can be set to five different rule-sets, from classic Game of Life to simple horizontal or vertical stepping. Triggers are fired by "alive" cells and send their state as OSC messages to a configurable host on the same Wi-Fi network. Cells and triggers can be randomized by shaking the device.
The application is compatible with software that supports the OSC protocol such as Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, OSCulator, VDMX, Resolume Avenue 3, Plogue Bidule, Reaktor, Quartz Composer, vvvv, Derivative TouchDesigner and others.
Please go to http://hexler.net/soniclife for more information and video demonstrations.
If you like SonicLife, check out TouchOSC, another OSC-enabled controller application by hexler.
Version 5.0 introduces the incredible new Canvas object and the Sequencer family of features with rock solid timing.
Canvas — Canvas is a brand new object that lets you script custom widgets with full multitouch support. The object is adapted from the HTML5 Canvas element, which means you can design widgets featuring complex shapes, animation, shadows, and transparency The Canvas object opens the door to a completely new Lemur experience, where the appearance and behaviour of objects can be designed to precisely match the demands of your project. Polygons, waveforms, circular objects and infinitely more are all possible with Canvas.
Sequencer — Lemur 5.0 introduces a family of new features for tight sequencing. This includes three new objects: StepNote, StepSwitch and StepSlider. Each of these provides a different flavour of sequencing and is ready to use right out of the box. The objects do the hard work for you, simply add them to your template and they are ready to control your MIDI instruments.
In App Editor — Design your templates on the fly, without a computer in sight. The In-App Editor, available on iPad only, makes multitouch control truly improvisatory by letting you shape your controller the same way you shape sounds. Virtually every function of the desktop editor application is now available through an intuitive system of iOS menus and widgets. Best of all – it’s easier to use than ever. This means a much smaller learning curve and an immediate initial experience. Any basic configuration, such as a typical bank of faders, can now be created with a few familiar taps and gestures. And any factory template can be adjusted quickly to suit your particular needs.
Skins — Lemur features three new skins, in addition to the classic look. Choose the look that fits your style and get inspired.
LiveControl 2 — Experience the ultimate Ableton Live controller, designed in partnership with master designer ST8. Improvise a riff on the Play page, then switch to the Sequencer page to edit the pattern. Choose a key and scale to guide your melodies and use Quick Chord to instantly create harmonies. Use the Modulate page to flawlessly map any parameter from any plugin to the MultiBall object and take advantage of Physics, LFOs and gesture recording. The Launch page gives you everything you would expect from a clip launcher, and more. We even integrated snapshots and morphing.
REQUIREMENT (for the Lemur Daemon):
- OS X (Intel only) 10.5+
- Windows (XP SP3 or 7 recommended)
The In App Editor feature is accessible only on iPad devices.
Simply connect your iPad/iPhone to your laptop over Wi-Fi and make the connection! Lemur also supports CoreMIDI allowing you to use hardware interfaces such as Alesis' iO Dock or the iConnectMIDI or class-compliant USB MIDI interfaces (with a camera connection kit). You can even control up to 8 computers from one iPad with Lemur!
MidiMe supports midi over WiFi, so no extra hardware or cables are required. You can also use Apple's camera connection kit to connect MidiMe to hardware midi devices.
This Mini version has almost all of the features of it's big brother (the iPad app AC-7 Core), and has full support for the Retina display in iPhone 4 and newer iPod Touch.
It uses iOS4.2 and higher's CoreMIDI for simple setup and reliable operation. There are dedicated modes for controlling:
MOTU's Digital Performer (v6.02 upwards)
Sony Vegas/Acid Pro
Presonus Studio One
Final Cut Pro
Other software which supports the Mackie Control protocol will work with the "Generic Mode"
Works without additional server software on OS X "Tiger" and above.
Also works on Windows XP, Vista, And 7 with solutions such as Tobias Erichsen's "rtpMIDI" driver.
- MIDI event monitor
- MIDI status monitor
- SysEx editor & librarian
- MIDI recorder & player
- Program Change sender
- Generic MIDI CC controller
- Generic resetter
- Support Core MIDI & Network MIDI
- Open In:send Midi(.mid)/SysEx(.syx) file to MidiToolBox from other apps.
- Universal App
Monitoring functions are provided with a MIDI filter, making it easier to check your data.
Midi Tool Box has a wide range of applications, including testing of MIDI devices, data management, music production, live performances, and maintenance of non-audio MIDI devices.
Following devices are tested.
But we do not necessarily guarantee that the MidiToolBox work with these devices.
USB Device via Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Alesis ALESIS USB-MIDI CABLE
CME CME U2MIDI
ProTransport allows you to control your digital audio workstation wirelessly using your existing WiFi network.
- Are you behind the drums or alone in the vocal booth and need to press record?
- Do you like sitting on the couch and playing guitar instead of being glued to the computer?
ProTransport is your answer!
This version officially supports (not all features may work on all hosts, this is up to the application you use ProTransport with):
- Apple Logic
- Ableton Live
- Soundtrack Pro
- Digital Performer
- MIO Console
- FL Studio
- Studio One
- Final Cut Pro
- Any audio software that supports Mackie Control protocol (or HUI protocol).
** You must download ProRemoteServer in order to use ProTransport. **
Please visit www.folabs.com/download.html to download the server and to view setup instructions.
Connect with us on Twitter: @proremote
ProTransport is Mac only- Windows is not supported!
Jordan Rudess, the world-renowned keyboardist for Dream Theater says:
"ThumbJam stands at the very top of the overcrowded music app world. The sounds included absolutely rival those found in pro instruments and making music on the app is a total joy. The only problem I have with this app is that I did not make it myself! Luckily, I'm able to work with the developer and offer a few good feature ideas as well as some choice sounds from my personal collection!"
Even if you've only played air guitar, ThumbJam lets you sound like a pro. Pick an instrument and jam -- with all the scales to choose from you'll never hit a wrong note. The high quality instrument samples will make you sound like you just skipped years of music lessons.
For the performing musician, this app is awesome for soloing on an instrument you didn't bring along. Play in any key, any style -- go from a string ensemble to a wailing guitar. ThumbJam was developed and tested by musicians to feel and sound like a real instrument. You'll be surprised at how expressive it can be, make sure to check out the videos and audio at thumbjam.com.
ThumbJam makes use of tilt and shake to add vibrato, tremolo, note bends, and volume swells for more realistic and expressive results. It supports up to five (eleven on iPad) simultaneous touches and up to 32 voice polyphony, for each of up to 8 loaded instruments! Delay and stereo reverb add depth to the sound, and a resonant lowpass filter gives you more tone shaping power. Put on your headphones or plug in to your home stereo to experience some of the highest quality instruments in the App Store.
Build your own loops from the ground up or import your favorites and jam from there. Layer as many loops as you want, with different instruments for each. Export your loops as audio files or Ardour DAW sessions via WiFi. Copy and paste audio from other apps using AudioCopy/Paste as well the general pasteboard, via email, AudioShare, iTunes Document Sharing, or open directly in another application. Supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for streaming sound to/from other apps in real-time, including state save/restore with Audiobus2.
Extensive MIDI input and output support over WiFi or Bluetooth, with any CoreMidi compatible device, or other apps on the same iOS device with virtual MIDI. Now also supports Ableton Link for tight sync between apps on the same network.
New powerful arpeggiator feature lets you play patterns with perfect time sync, from the screen or via MIDI control.
The app includes a huge variety of scales, from western to eastern. Save your favorites for quick access, or create your own in-app. You can even import new scales in the Scala format for complete flexibility.
You can also record your own multi-sampled instruments using a built-in or attached microphone, or from file import.
+ Cello, Violin, Viola
+ Upright Bass (plucked and bowed)
+ Several drumkits
+ Electric Guitar
+ Electric Bass
+ Tenor Sax
+ Low Whistle
+ Acoustic Guitar
+ Hammered Dulcimer
+ Grand Piano
+ Drawbar Organ (2 types)
+ Pipe Organ
+ Synth Strings
+ Synth Choir
+ Sawtooth Waveform
+ Sine Waveform
+ Triangle Waveform
And from Jordan Rudess:
+ JR Zendrix
+ JR Smooth Steel
Many more for immediate FREE download in the app including several drumkits, Mellotron, basses, banjo, tabla, ukelele, guitars and more! New instruments posted regularly.
A must have for the Pro Audio Engineer!
Use your existing wireless network to play your virtual instruments in applications like Apple Logic, Ableton Live or ProTools...
ProPads works with any MIDI application (on the Mac).
- ProPads is a fully customizable virtual MIDI pad surface.
- 3 scenes to quickly switch between pad layouts.
- ProPads comes with three default layouts, drums, bass and keys.
- Pad velocity can be controlled by tilting the device.
- Configure the pads anyway you like from 1x1 to 8x8 or anything in between. Up to 64 pads in each scene!
- Choose any note or continuous controller message for any pad.
- Customize the appearance of each pad, name it, show the note number or pad number or all three.
- Pads support multi-touch.
- Copy/Paste pad settings.
- Pad Latch Mode: tap once to keep an extra finger on a pad. Tap again to release.
- Hide Controls: hides all controls other than the pads so you don't accidentally switch scenes or edit settings while inspired.
- Virtually no latency, highly responsive pads.
** You need to download and install ProRemoteServer in order to use ProPads. **
Please download it from:
Connect with us on Twitter: @proremote
ProPads is Mac only. Windows is not supported!
A comprehensive Geo Synthesizer manual is available at: http://www.wizdommusic.com/GeoSynth/manual.html
Jordan says: "Since touching a preliminary piano keyboard on an iPhone screen and realizing the amazing potential for musical expression on a multitouch device, I have been inspired to create next-generation musical instruments for iOS. Geo Synthesizer is a dream come true in many ways. It is the fastest truly playable iOS instrument that I have put my hands on to date. I can fly through the range of an instrument while expanding on the kind of advanced pitch control we introduced in MorphWiz. As someone who grew up with synthesizers, I can tell you that pitch bending has never been this good!
"Geo features many of my custom sounds and in addition, Geo is also a MIDI controller, so you can use it with any external midi instrument or virtual MIDI. Virtual MIDI allows you to control an app running in the background on the same device! Geo Synthesizer also now features AudioBus, a technology that allows one to interconnect audio apps in exciting new ways! A great feature of Geo is that internally and externally we send independent voices on each note played, so as an example, you can pitch bend one note and not the other, or add unique expression on every note! I can't wait to see the YouTube videos of all of you guys rocking out with Geo Synthesizer!!!"
- ability to load waveforms from SampleWiz presets
- octave rounding for effortless soloing over large ranges
- whammy slider with absolute and relative modes
- 12ET, 24ET, 53ET, and 665ET temperament options
- mono, string, and full-polyphony modes
- tuning and transposition controls
- snap speed control to affect how quickly the instrument pulls notes in tune
- playing surface options for number of rows and columns on screen
- octave and fifth harmonics synthesis options to rich, organ-like sounds
- gain control to add distortion to the sound
- FM and touch FM controls for timbal variation
- mono out for use with guitar amps
- sine, sawtooth, square, and custom (SampleWiz) wave options
- attack and release controls
- synthesis body control
- lowpass filter with resonance
- stereo delay
- MIDI output with polyphonic note bending and multiple configuration options to allow compatibility with a wide range of hardware and software synthesizers
- performance menu lets you make your own custom menu so all the controls you need are always right at your fingertips
- 40 presets carefully selected by Jordan Rudess, including patches from Jordan's personal sound library
*** S1MIDITrigger is rated "Killer app" by Apps4 iDevices (http://bit.ly/XpaeXr) ***
S1MidiTrigger turns your iPad or iPhone into a customizable touchscreen MIDI controller that can replace hardware devices costing hundreds of dollars. Connect wirelessly to audio workstation applications on the PC or Mac, or use Line 6's MIDI Mobilizer hardware add-on!
You can use the built-in controller screens or design your own, with touch pads (for drums and other instruments), sliders, X-Y pads and more. (Note: This requires a MIDI application -- it does not play music by itself.)
S1MidiTriggger is compatible with the open-source DSMidiWifi server, but for even faster response you can download our free S1 server software for PC or OS X. (A fast wifi connection is recommended.)
Don't worry if you don't have the best musical skills! With S1MidiTrigger, it's very easy to just tap some pads to play simple notes or even complete chords.
Watch a demo of version 3.2 on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwLW8TNxy4
Let's play music!!
See the S1MidiTrigger home page for more information or to download our custom server software:
Or download the DSMI server software from http://dsmidiwifi.tobw.net/ .
- Send MIDI note messages with either simple notes or chords.
- Multiple notes per pad -- no limits!
- Send MIDI note with velocity.
- Sliders send MIDI CC (controller) messages.
- Switch multiple banks
- Save unlimited banks
*Yamaha MOTIF XF offers you WiFi connection which enables wireless control.
*If you use the Yamaha i-MX1 iPhone/iPad MIDI Interface, you can connect to any MIDI instrument.
- Universal Controller with 4 faders
- Each Fader has two assignable controls with “control change no.” , ”parameter range” and “Channel Number”
- Minimum and Maximum value are assignable for each Control Change
- Learn mode will receive the MIDI signal from external MIDI device and automatically assigns the parameter.
- Customizable skins (PM1D, MOTIF XF) available
- Choose your own look for the faders, panel, scribble strip and scale
*For detailed information, please visit http://4wrd.it/YAMAHASYNTH
*In order to establish a WiFi connection, download the OS updater for MOTIF XF
from http://4wrd.it/YAMAHASYNTH and purchase a compatible WiFi USB adapter.