Boater Apps - Easy App Finder Says:If you are an avid boater, you will find some great Boat apps here sure to make your next journey even better. These Boating apps cover mainly power and pleasure boats. If you like Sailing, please go to our category on Sailing. From navigation, to Tides, Currents, and even local boating restrictions, these apps cruise right along. Unclear about knots? Learn the proper way to tie the most commonly used nautical knots. Conversely, with these Boating apps, you can even learn to tie those specialty apps that only seasoned fishermen know about. There is plenty of info in these boating apps to make everyone happy. Enjoy
We have the pleasure to invite you to participate in a sea racing experience like never before! It does not matter if you are a novice or adept sailor - Sailboat Championship is the best sailing game you can find! Participate in thrilling regattas and fast paced races against computer-controlled opponents, compete online with players from all over the world, upgrade and unlock new boats, complete amazing and action-filled courses and collect all in-game trophies and gold awards! Become the ultimate master of Sailboat Championship - the only true and addicting sailing simulation with unique gameplay for your device.
"It looks and plays great, the only thing missing is the feel of the wind" – GameStyle
"Definitely for fans of sailing or those looking for a more relaxing game" – AppSpy
"If you are a fan of sailing, you will absolutely love this game" – AppVee
"Offers some quite intelligent touches to the racing genre" – 148Apps
"Racing against the AI is really fun as it is varied" – TouchGen
"The graphics are gorgeous! Simply amazing!" – PocketFullOfApps
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
If you experience a problem with downloading, installing, buying or using our products or services please contact our support team. Follow Infinite Dreams to stay up to date with news, reviews & community giveaways.
You can visit us online at http://www.trawlerforum.com
Top Ten since 2008
Featured in : On the Deck
US East coverage resident in the app. It works WITHOUT mobile coverage!
• Worldwide Marine and Outdoor Maps available, thanks to viewer.flytomap.com
• Worldwide Satellite images overlay on charts
• Worldwide Terrain features overlay on charts, thanks to Open Street Map, Open Cycle Map, Bing,Earth,Topo Chart and GMap
• Local Marine Weather forecast
Now with NOAA raster charts seamless with continuous updates from the official Government server
Now with ActiveCaptain - Worldwide boaters community, with * 200.000 + Captains
Use to Explore:
√ Latitudes and Longitudes to go to your favorite places
√ Search your Favorite points directly
√ Zoom, Rotate and Pan fast just by a finger touch
√ Quick Object information just tapping, thanks to vector technology
√ GPS Heading Vector Towards the direction movement
√ Distance Measurement Tool to easily calculate the distance from one location to another
√ Route planning, Waypoints - Insert the target/destination and see in real time your Speed, ETA, Distance and Bearing
√ Magnified Lens for all info
√ Unlimited Tracks, Markers, Geo-tagged photos, records and share via email, visible on Google, Flytomap Viewer, KMZ format - Store your track without the need of cellular data or mobile signal
√ Select Depth Contours
√ a la carte menu
√ MOB - Man Over Board
√ Quick WP - allows you to instantly record your position and show distance and bearing
√ iOS background mode - Flytomap works in background as well, you can swap with another app and receive/make calls send sms while track recording.
√ Optimized battery usage
• View and contribute to the best boaters community available in the world
• Continuous update of all info (including reviews from the deck) about :
• Local Knowledge
√ Worldwide Marine Weather forecast at a quick tap provide you:
• Day max and min temperature - Current temperature
• Significant wave height, Swell height, Swell period, Swell direction
• Tide data
• Sea temperature
• Wind Speed and direction
• Weather description
• Precipitation & Humidity
• Cloud cover in percentage
• Wind chill/Feels like Temperature
• Water Temperature
• Dew Point Temperature
• Heat Index Temperature
√ And so much more to come - It’s the only app you will ever need! Our charts are installed on: GARMIN NAVICO LOWRANCE B&G NORTHSTAR EAGLE SIMRAD
▶Web Site flytomap.com
▶Web App viewer.flytomap.com
Flytomap is committed to constant improvement, this App is developed with the help of professional boaters to get the best experience on the sea, we listen to our users and systematically add the most requested features.
Thank you for the feedback!
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
You can find our site on the web at http://www.cruisersforum.com
Install this FREE app and start sharing your knowledge with other sailboat owners and crew.. We are looking forward to seeing you on the forums from your phone!
This universal app also fully supports the iPad!
Not just calculators, but the ability save and open saved calculations and add calculators to a favorites list. You can also email calculator inputs and results so you can easily share your calculations. Search functionality enables you to quickly find the calculator you want.
* Area, Angles & Volume
* Communications References
* Unit Conversions
* Finance Calculations
* Fuel Calculations
* Glossary / Acronyms
* Line Calculations and References
* Knot References
* Mechanical & Electrical Calculations
* Performance Calculations
* Piloting Calculations
* Propeller Reference and Calculations
* Weather & Waves Reference and Calculations
If there's a calculator or reference material you'd like to see added, visit our website and send us an email.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the rules in seconds to find the appropriate ColRegs rule and definition.
This application has been downloaded & used daily by thousands of seafarers in the USA, Great Britain, Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand & over 50 other countries
- No internet connection required.
- Simple, easy to use navigation for quick reference.
- Every rule & definition available at the touch of a finger.
- Expertly drawn illustrations accompanied by clear, concise descriptions of all the rules.
The app has 4 sections:
1. The Nav Lights section features graphics & descriptions of the lights that are displayed by different vessels at night.
2. The Day Shapes section features graphics & descriptions of the shapes that are displayed during daylight.
3. Three quiz Test Yourself section features multiple combinations of lights & shapes to test your knowledge.
4. The ColRegs section features the rules in full.
Use the Test Yourself section to check your knowledge and application of the rules. If you answer any incorrectly, go back and read through the rule again.
A good understanding of the ColRegs is essential for all people who go to sea in sailing and power boating craft. A candidate for Yachtmaster exams should be aiming to achieve at least 80% pass marks.
ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes helps boaters identify the types of vessel and the activities they are engaged in at sea, as specified by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. This learning tool covers Part C: Lights and Shapes, Rules 20-31 of the ColRegs.
Our other app in this series: “ColRegs Rules Of The Road” covers "Steering & Sailing Rules" and "Sound and Light Signals" sections as specified in the IRPCS.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- Easy reference learning and revision tool for day skipper and similar courses worldwide
- Over 100 custom made graphics for a better visual experience
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professional pilots for reliability
- Interactive "Test Yourself" Section
A useful tool to assist Trainers and Trainees on Day Skipper and Yacht master Courses.
*********** ENDORSEMENTS FROM THE SAILING & BOATING COMMUNITY ***********
"I liked the general feel and simplicity of the ColRegs Rules of the Road app"
"Very easy to use, wish I'd had this when I was doing day skipper!"
"We run a training centre and these apps are a great aide memoire for our students."
"I have just downloaded and am using ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes app, a brilliant training and reference device."
"I was so impressed with your Nav Lights app that I bought it and downloaded it immediately."
"I really like the colregs part of it and the way you have kept it completely in line with the IRPCS."
"I have deleted another app that I had in favour of yours."
"....excellent graphics, really first class clean design and accurate info..."
" Beautifully produced and very simple to use, a cool learning tool"
" Good app for anyone to use, especially when you are training for boatmaster, yachtmaster etc. Much easier than flip cards"
Boaters know that collision avoidance is made possible when boat operators know how to deal with situations appropriately.
OTHER APPS IN THE SERIES:
ColRegs: The Rules of the Road covers the "Steering and Sailing Rules"
"Sound and Light Signals" sections of the IRPCS IALA Buoys & Lights - covers both IALA Systems A & B
["Insanely Great!" - Cult of Mac]
INCLUDED KNOTS: (Knots go by a variety of names with the most common shown here. App includes a complete, searchable list.): Albright, Alpine Butterfly Bend, Alpine Butterfly Loop, Double Alpine Butterfly, Anchor Hitch, Arbor, Ashley Bend, Ashley Stopper, Australian Braid, Back Splice, Barrel Hitch, Bimini Twist, Blake's Hitch, Blood, Boom Hitch, Bowline, Bowline on a Bight, One-Handed Bowline, Running Bowline, Water Bowline, Braid Single Rope, Braid Three Strands, Locked Brummel Splice, Brummel Demo, McDonald Brummel Eye Splice, Buntline Hitch, Butcher's, Carrick Bend, Carrick Bend Mat, Celtic Mat, Chain Sinnet, Chain Splice, Care & Cleaning, Cleat Hitch-Deck, Cleat Hitch-Halyard, Clove Hitch-Loops, Clove Hitch-End, Clove Hitch-Half Hitches, Cobra Lanyard, Coil Attached Rope, Coil Unattached Rope, Common Whipping, Constrictor, Constrictor-Surgical, Cow Hitch-End, Cow Hitch-Loops, Crown, Crown Sinnet, Davy, Double Davy, Diamond Lanyard, Distel Hitch, Double Fisherman's, Double Overhand, Drapery Tie Back, Dropper Loop, Duncan (Uni) Knot, Farrimond Friction Hitch, Figure 8, Egg Loop, Directional Figure 8 Loop, Figure 8 Flake, Figure 8 Follow Through, Figure 8 Bend, Double Figure 8 Loop, Figure 9 Loop, Flat Overhand Bend, Flemish Flake-Spiral, Four Strand Square Sinnet, French Sinnet, Girth (Strap) Hitch, Gnat Hitch, Half Hitch, Half Knot, Halyard Hitch, Handcuff Knot, Hasty Webbing Harness, Heaving Line, Highwayman's Hitch, Hunter's Bend, Icicle Hitch, Icicle Hitch-End, Improved Clinch, Klemheist, Lashing-Diagonal, Lashing-Round, Lashing-Shear, Lashing-Square, Lashing-Tripod, Ligature (Instrument), One Handed Ligature, Two Handed Ligature, Lighterman's Hitch, Long Bury Splice, Masthead Mat, Double Matthew Walker, Midshipman's, Monkey's Fist, Mooring Hitch, Munter Hitch, Super Munter Hitch, Nail Knot, Non-Slip Mono, Noose, Ocean Plait Mat, Orvis, Overhand, Packer's, Palomar, Tying a Package, Perfection Loop, Pile Hitch, Poacher's, Prusik, Purcell Prusik System, Radium Release Hitch, Rapala, Rat-Tail Stopper, Square (Reef), Rolling Hitch, Rope Ladder, Round Turn & Hitches, Sailmaker's Whipping, San Diego Jam, Sheepshank, Sheet Bend, Shoelace Bow, ShoeLace Fieggen, Siberian, Grog's Sliding Splice, Slim Beauty, Slip, Snell, Spanish Bowline, Eye Splice, Short Splice, Stevedore, Stopper Loop, Strangle Knot, Stronger Soft Shackle, Surgeon's, Surgeon's Loop, Surgical Tie, Two Handed Surgical Tie, Surgical Slip Tie, Child's Swing, Tensionless Hitch, Necktie (Bow Tie), Necktie (Four-in-Hand), Necktie (Half Windsor), Necktie (Pratt/Shelby), Necktie (Windsor), Theodore, Thief, Timber Hitch, Trilene, Trucker's Hitch, Tumble Hitch, Turk's Head, Underwriter's, Wall Knot, Wall & Crown, Water Knot, West Country Whipping, Zeppelin Bend
PREVIOUS VERSION REVIEWS:
5 stars - The Coolest Ever!
Easy to understand and use, very informative with clear instructions on how to makes hundreds of knots step by step, divided by categories for easy navigation, truly inspiring and beautiful knots. Enjoyable to just watch, practical and relevant to learn. This is the second App enticing enough for me to actually buy.
5 stars - New to knots
This is my first review. I would pay twice the amount for this app. I would give it ten stars if I could. It can be done step by step unlike others I've seem that you have replay a dozen times to get the same results. Thank you for you time and effort.
As the first hurricane tracker to be released back in 2008, Hurricane Pro has been keeping people like you safe for over 9 years. Continuously updated with interactive features and detail; no other hurricane tracking app comes close to the information provided inside Hurricane Pro!
Reviewed by CNN as having the best features of the Hurricane Tracker apps available for iPhone GOOGLE: "cnn top hurricane app" to read the article!
• Featured by: CNN Tech • TUAW • MacWorld • The Huffington Post • ZDNet • The New York Times •
• TWC's Stephanie Abrams: "The only app I use for 'canes...y'all have a great one...so user friendly and lots of great satellites/discussions/history/etc!!! Thanks for making it!:) -SA"
• Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich from WCNC: "I don't always recommend apps, but when I do, I recommend @HurricaneHD for tropical tracking..."
• Depended on and recommended by emergency managers and first responders
• Featured in iTunes Rewind two years running
• Video Updates • Extremely detailed video updates provided by an exclusive partnership with the experts at HurricaneTrack.com. HurricaneTrack.com gets in front of the storm and broadcasts back video and information from the front lines. They also provide our weekly video outlook.
• Twitter Feed • All the latest news and updates through Twitter integration.
Full detail tracking map, not just a web page like other apps. Includes forecast cone, wind radius and extremely FAST PUSH notifications to keep you informed.
Hurricane has all the detailed information you need. The clear leader in Hurricane Tracking on iOS devices and the one and only app you need to stay up to date.
• Over 50 animated SATELLITE images and NOAA RADAR
• Bulletins constantly updated from the National Hurricane Center
• Detailed interactive tracking map
• Detailed tropical wave/invest information
• Video updates both before, during and after the storm
• Push Notifications
• Share information with friends/family via email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
• Historic storm data - Atlantic back to 1851 » East & Central Pacific back to 1949
• Model runs including:
• Wind Shear
• Vorticity - 4 models
• Environmental Steering - 6 models
• Link to the FSU model runs.
• Preparedness Tips, Storm FAQs and MUCH More!
Informacion en Español para el Atlantico Norte, el Mar Caribe y el Golfo de Mexico...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• La perspectiva de actividad ciclonica, advertencias, y una explicacion del pronostico praparada para usted, cortesia de la oficina meteorologica de San Juan Puerto Rico.
This application is great for:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• anyone interested in severe weather or meteorology and studying tropical system history
• learning more about historical hurricanes like Camille, Hugo, Andrew, Katrina and Sandy, just to name a few.
Love Hurricane Pro™? Get Hurricane HD™ for your iPad today!
- - - - - - -
ⓘ All official hurricane data originates from the NHC. Hurricane reports the data as it becomes available, however is not guaranteed. ALWAYS execute personal responsibility - watch local media outlets when threatened by a storm!
ⓘ Internet Connection required to receive new plots and view new satellite pages and text bulletins.
ⓘ We cannot guarantee that our product is the right one for you, as no single application is perfect for everyone. Our goal however, is to create the best, most informative hurricane tracking application possible.
The perfect tool to help plan your time on the water.
**For a map of buoys locations, go here: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
* NEW - Home page lets you keep your most commonly used data in one place.
* Search for buoys by name.
* View buoys near you with customizable search radius.
* Use GPS or manually entered location.
* Map of buoy locations.
* Detailed live buoy data with access to location specific forecasts.
* Save your favorites for easy access.
* Quick access to buoy's website from within the application.
* Buoys sorted by proximity to your selected location.
* Tide Predictions.
* Moon phases.
Data can include wind speed, gusts, and direction as well as pressure and other relevant marine data. This data is dependent on the buoy since not all buoys have the same sensors.
If you participate in activities where marine weather is important, you need this app.
and any activity where marine weather conditions are important.
If you fish at sea like we do, this is a great app for you.
Another quality App brought to you by boaters and fisherman. We use our products everyday and listen to our customers. If you have any issues, please contact us. We will reply.
- the world's #1 Handheld Chartplotter
And, the ONLY app to provide all your favorite charts from your favorite chart providers including Navionics!
“Editor's Choice” - Practical Sailor
"The Standard" - Cruising Magazine
"Must Have List" - Cruising World
Trusted internationally by casual and professional sailors, cruisers, boaters, fishermen, and divers.
Downloads iNavX TODAY and automatically receive a complimentary copy of the official and up-to-date high resolution NOAA RNC United States marine raster charts.
iNavX is the ONLY APP to give you access all of your favorite charts directly through the app. Fully enabled with one-touch purchase and download, iNavX gives users the most streamlined access to the broadest set of marine charts and maps from multiple providers.
• NV Charts
• Theyr Weather
• Waterway Guide
• Trak Maps
iNavX takes handheld marine navigation to the next level.
• Anglers: Discover new fishing spots by scouting out deep holes and inlets. Locate the best fishing conditions by identifying cold fronts. Save your best fishing spots with the only app that offers unlimited markers.
• Sailors: Plan great routes with waypoint and route management. Have proactive sail management with GRIB weather forecasts. Then keep watch with integration with external AIS receivers and responders. And remember great locations by geotagging photos.
• Boaters: Stay up to date on boating conditions with weather forecasts that includes currents, winds, and swells. Manage your equipment with nautical instrument integration. Then save and share great boating routes to share with the track log.
ADVANCED FEATURES - iNavX is the most feature rich app available, and all for one great price:
Advanced Chart Plotter
• Plot your position in real-time using your device's built-in GPS
• Easily pan, zoom, and rotate charts (including course up)
• Print a detailed chart to use in combination with the app
• Create waypoints and plan routes to navigate between them
• Track log allows you to record your actual route
• Import/Export data in KML (Google Earth) or GPX format
• Acts as a repeater for popular marine navigation software MacENC
• Supports NMEA data over TCP/IP (using Wifi)
• Integrates with external GPS, AIS receivers & transponders
• Connect nautical instruments: Depth, Speed, Wind, Engine, Batteries, etc.
• GRIB weather forecast
• Anchor alarm
• AIS alarm
• Port/navaid search
“iNavX is the original and still one of the best navigation apps.” – Practical Sailor
“The most full-featured navigation app around and viewed by many as the standard” – Sail Magazine
"The #1 recommended marine charting app" - iMarineApps
NEW CHART STORE
Purchase all your favorite charts. Chart subscriptions vary by chart and provider from $9.99 to $199 for 1-year from the date of subscription and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
User's Guide: http://inavx.com/help/
Information is displayed in an easy to read format that gives you tide events as well as sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset.
You can choose tides for any stations and any date. Tide stations include primary as well as sub-stations.
* Tide data
* Tide graph
* Tide stations sorted by state
* Favorite stations
* Station distance from your location
* Station map
Handy, Fact-Filled Boating Guide
Boater’s Pocket Reference offers handy, how-to-do-it information and reference facts, figures, formulas, graphs, and tables about boating.
Who needs this book?
New boaters: This app provides an extensive introduction to all aspects of boating.
Experienced boaters: A great reference and memory jogger.
Everyone who wants to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.
* Piloting and Navigation—including the use of charts, GPS, radar, and sonar.
* Communications—VHF, SSB, satellite.
* U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard boating regulations
* International, U.S., and Canadian Navigation Rules (Rules of the Road)
* Understanding aids to navigation
* Understanding weather—air movement, fronts, clouds, weather maps.
* Boat types, design, and construction as well as boating terminology
* The essentials of good seamanship—the basics of operating a boat.
* Marlinespike seamanship—lines and knots—including 50 different knots.
* Mechanical—engines and propellers.
* Electrical—circuits, DC and AC wiring, batteries, chargers, inverters, lightning.
* Boat trailering tips, techniques, maintenance, wiring.
* General reference tables—time zones, holidays, weight and volume of liquids, and more.
* Extensive unit conversion tables
* Boating resources—organizations, phone numbers, web sites, including Coast Guard and Power Squadron.
* Glossary of marine terminology.
* Over 100 boating-related calculators.
No boater can afford to be without this valuable and handy guide.
About the Author
Thomas McEwen is an avid boater and former mining engineer. Tom is also a member of the Boulder Valley Sail and Power Squadron in Colorado.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Navigation Rules
- Boating Calcs
- Coastal Navigation 5
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide
This app includes an annotated table of contents and a search function to help the reader quickly find the rule and related references. A Favorites page allows quick access to commonly referenced pages. Use the email function to share a page with others.
If you are a boater you need to know this information.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Boater’s Pocket Reference
- Boating Calcs
- Coastal Navigation 5
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide
realWind provides you with a wind forecast for any location on earth!
For boaters, sailors, surfers, kitesurfers, windsurfers, and paragliders:
**Real time observations, so you know what's going on!
... and accurate forecasts, so you will always find the best conditions for your sport!
** No need to figure out your Lat, Long or Zip Code. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch does it for you!
Try it and you will love this app and its features!
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life."