Boater Apps - Easy App Finder Says:If you are an avid boater, you will find some great Boat apps here sure to make your next journey even better. These Boating apps cover mainly power and pleasure boats. If you like Sailing, please go to our category on Sailing. From navigation, to Tides, Currents, and even local boating restrictions, these apps cruise right along. Unclear about knots? Learn the proper way to tie the most commonly used nautical knots. Conversely, with these Boating apps, you can even learn to tie those specialty apps that only seasoned fishermen know about. There is plenty of info in these boating apps to make everyone happy. Enjoy
"It looks and plays great, the only thing missing is the feel of the wind" – GameStyle
"Definitely for fans of sailing or those looking for a more relaxing game" – AppSpy
"If you are a fan of sailing, you will absolutely love this game" – AppVee
"Offers some quite intelligent touches to the racing genre" – 148Apps
"Racing against the AI is really fun as it is varied" – TouchGen
"The graphics are gorgeous! Simply amazing!" – PocketFullOfApps
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
If you experience a problem with downloading, installing, buying or using our products or services please contact our support team. Follow Infinite Dreams to stay up to date with news, reviews & community giveaways.
You can visit us online at http://www.trawlerforum.com
You can find our site on the web at http://www.cruisersforum.com
Install this FREE app and start sharing your knowledge with other sailboat owners and crew.. We are looking forward to seeing you on the forums from your phone!
This universal app also fully supports the iPad!
Not just calculators, but the ability save and open saved calculations and add calculators to a favorites list. You can also email calculator inputs and results so you can easily share your calculations. Search functionality enables you to quickly find the calculator you want.
* Area, Angles & Volume
* Communications References
* Unit Conversions
* Finance Calculations
* Fuel Calculations
* Glossary / Acronyms
* Line Calculations and References
* Knot References
* Mechanical & Electrical Calculations
* Performance Calculations
* Piloting Calculations
* Propeller Reference and Calculations
* Weather & Waves Reference and Calculations
If there's a calculator or reference material you'd like to see added, visit our website and send us an email.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the rules in seconds to find the appropriate ColRegs rule and definition.
This application has been downloaded & used daily by thousands of seafarers in the USA, Great Britain, Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand & over 50 other countries
- No internet connection required.
- Simple, easy to use navigation for quick reference.
- Every rule & definition available at the touch of a finger.
- Expertly drawn illustrations accompanied by clear, concise descriptions of all the rules.
The app has 4 sections:
1. The Nav Lights section features graphics & descriptions of the lights that are displayed by different vessels at night.
2. The Day Shapes section features graphics & descriptions of the shapes that are displayed during daylight.
3. Three quiz Test Yourself section features multiple combinations of lights & shapes to test your knowledge.
4. The ColRegs section features the rules in full.
Use the Test Yourself section to check your knowledge and application of the rules. If you answer any incorrectly, go back and read through the rule again.
A good understanding of the ColRegs is essential for all people who go to sea in sailing and power boating craft. A candidate for Yachtmaster exams should be aiming to achieve at least 80% pass marks.
ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes helps boaters identify the types of vessel and the activities they are engaged in at sea, as specified by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. This learning tool covers Part C: Lights and Shapes, Rules 20-31 of the ColRegs.
Our other app in this series: “ColRegs Rules Of The Road” covers "Steering & Sailing Rules" and "Sound and Light Signals" sections as specified in the IRPCS.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- Easy reference learning and revision tool for day skipper and similar courses worldwide
- Over 100 custom made graphics for a better visual experience
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professional pilots for reliability
- Interactive "Test Yourself" Section
A useful tool to assist Trainers and Trainees on Day Skipper and Yacht master Courses.
*********** ENDORSEMENTS FROM THE SAILING & BOATING COMMUNITY ***********
"I liked the general feel and simplicity of the ColRegs Rules of the Road app"
"Very easy to use, wish I'd had this when I was doing day skipper!"
"We run a training centre and these apps are a great aide memoire for our students."
"I have just downloaded and am using ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes app, a brilliant training and reference device."
"I was so impressed with your Nav Lights app that I bought it and downloaded it immediately."
"I really like the colregs part of it and the way you have kept it completely in line with the IRPCS."
"I have deleted another app that I had in favour of yours."
"....excellent graphics, really first class clean design and accurate info..."
" Beautifully produced and very simple to use, a cool learning tool"
" Good app for anyone to use, especially when you are training for boatmaster, yachtmaster etc. Much easier than flip cards"
Boaters know that collision avoidance is made possible when boat operators know how to deal with situations appropriately.
OTHER APPS IN THE SERIES:
ColRegs: The Rules of the Road covers the "Steering and Sailing Rules"
"Sound and Light Signals" sections of the IRPCS IALA Buoys & Lights - covers both IALA Systems A & B
Over 195 Animated Knots tied step-by-step using rope, paracord or other material are organized by ACTIVITY CATEGORY & TYPE:
ACTIVITY CATEGORY - Arborist Knots (28), Boating & Sailing Knots (32), Climbing Knots (22), Fishing Knots (31), Decorative Knots (24), Household knots (24), Decorative knots (24), Horse & Farm knots (21), Scouting knots (31), Search and Rescue knots (22), Neckties (5) knots & Surgical ligatures (11).
TYPE - Basic knots (8), Bends (14), End loops (22), Hitches (35), Mats (4), Mid loops (11), Quick Release (10), Slide & Grip (13), Splices (15) & Stopper knots (10).
Watch knots tie themselves in simple step-by-step image animations, or click frame-by-frame (at your own speed) as you learn to tie each knot - using the NORMAL or MIRROR orientation (great for left-handers). When viewing a knot, simply tap INFO (top right) to get detailed descriptions about each knot's correct use, advantages & disadvantages, safety considerations, similar knots, alternatives, and other information.
SEARCH for knots, view the complete knot list & save your FAVORITES for quick access.
Better to know a knot and not need it, than need a knot and not know it.
Excerpts from previous version reviews:
"The Coolest Ever! Easy to understand and use, very informative with clear instructions on how to makes hundreds of knots step by step, divided by categories for easy navigation, truly inspiring and beautiful knots..."
"I would pay twice the amount for this app. I would give it ten stars if I could."
The perfect tool to help plan your time on the water.
**For a map of buoys locations, go here: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
* NEW - Home page lets you keep your most commonly used data in one place.
* Search for buoys by name.
* View buoys near you with customizable search radius.
* Use GPS or manually entered location.
* Map of buoy locations.
* Detailed live buoy data with access to location specific forecasts.
* Save your favorites for easy access.
* Quick access to buoy's website from within the application.
* Buoys sorted by proximity to your selected location.
* Tide Predictions.
* Moon phases.
Data can include wind speed, gusts, and direction as well as pressure and other relevant marine data. This data is dependent on the buoy since not all buoys have the same sensors.
If you participate in activities where marine weather is important, you need this app.
and any activity where marine weather conditions are important.
If you fish at sea like we do, this is a great app for you.
Another quality App brought to you by boaters and fisherman. We use our products everyday and listen to our customers. If you have any issues, please contact us. We will reply.
iNavX is the only app to give you complete worldwide chart coverage, from all your favorite charts providers, including Navionics! Fully enabled with one-touch access, iNavX gives users access to the broadest set of marine charts and maps from multiple providers including:
• Blue Latitude
• Theyr Weather
• Waterway Guide
• … and more
How does iNavX take handheld marine navigation to the next level?
• Sailors - Plan sailing routes with waypoint and route management. Get proactive sail management with GRIB weather forecasts and then keep watch with AIS overlays and integration with your onboard systems. Plus, you can remember your great sailing locations by geotagging photos.
• Boaters - Stay up to date on boating conditions with forecasts that include currents, winds, and swells. Manage your boating equipment with nautical instrument integration and then save great boating routes to share with the track log.
• Anglers - Discover new fishing spots by scouting out holes and inlets. Locate the best fishing conditions by identifying cold fronts and save your best fishing spots with unlimited markers.
Advanced features - iNavX is the most feature rich app available for all sailing and boating needs at a great price:
Advanced Chart Plotter
• Plot your position in real-time using your device's built-in GPS
• Pan, zoom, and rotate charts (including course up)
• Print detailed charts to use in combination with the app
• Create waypoints and plan routes to navigate between them
• Track log allows you to record your route
• Import/export data in KML (Google Earth) or GPX format
• Supports NMEA data over TCP/IP (using Wifi)
• Integrates with external GPS, AIS receivers & transponders
• Connect nautical instruments: Depth, Speed, Wind, Engine, Batteries, etc.
• GRIB weather forecast
• Anchor alarm
• AIS integration
• Port/navaid search
Download iNavX TODAY and automatically receive a complimentary copy of the official and up-to-date high-resolution NOAA RNC United States marine raster charts.
“iNavX is the original and still one of the best navigation apps.”
– Practical Sailor
“The most full-featured navigation app around and viewed by many as the standard”
– Sail Magazine
"The #1 recommended marine charting app"
iNavX is Compatible with: Navionics, Theyr Weather, Waterway Guide, AIS, Brookhouse, DigitalYacht, ShipModul, vYacht, Vesper Marine, NMEA 2000, Chetco and more.
NEW CHART STORE
Purchase all your favorite charts. Chart subscriptions vary by chart and provider from $9.99 to $199.99 annually, charged to your iTunes Account, which will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
User's Guide: http://inavx.com/help/
Information is displayed in an easy to read format that gives you tide events as well as sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset.
You can choose tides for any stations and any date. Tide stations include primary as well as sub-stations.
* Tide data
* Tide graph
* Tide stations sorted by state
* Favorite stations
* Station distance from your location
* Station map
Handy, Fact-Filled Boating Guide
Boater’s Pocket Reference offers handy, how-to-do-it information and reference facts, figures, formulas, graphs, and tables about boating.
Who needs this book?
New boaters: This app provides an extensive introduction to all aspects of boating.
Experienced boaters: A great reference and memory jogger.
Everyone who wants to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.
* Piloting and Navigation—including the use of charts, GPS, radar, and sonar.
* Communications—VHF, SSB, satellite.
* U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard boating regulations
* International, U.S., and Canadian Navigation Rules (Rules of the Road)
* Understanding aids to navigation
* Understanding weather—air movement, fronts, clouds, weather maps.
* Boat types, design, and construction as well as boating terminology
* The essentials of good seamanship—the basics of operating a boat.
* Marlinespike seamanship—lines and knots—including 50 different knots.
* Mechanical—engines and propellers.
* Electrical—circuits, DC and AC wiring, batteries, chargers, inverters, lightning.
* Boat trailering tips, techniques, maintenance, wiring.
* General reference tables—time zones, holidays, weight and volume of liquids, and more.
* Extensive unit conversion tables
* Boating resources—organizations, phone numbers, web sites, including Coast Guard and Power Squadron.
* Glossary of marine terminology.
* Over 100 boating-related calculators.
No boater can afford to be without this valuable and handy guide.
About the Author
Thomas McEwen is an avid boater and former mining engineer. Tom is also a member of the Boulder Valley Sail and Power Squadron in Colorado.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Navigation Rules
- Boating Calcs
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide
This app includes an annotated table of contents and a search function to help the reader quickly find the rule and related references. A Favorites page allows quick access to commonly referenced pages. Use the email function to share a page with others.
If you are a boater you need to know this information.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Boater’s Pocket Reference
- Boating Calcs
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide
For boaters, sailors, surfers, kitesurfers, windsurfers, and paragliders:
**Real time observations, so you know what's going on!
... and accurate forecasts, so you will always find the best conditions for your sport!
** No need to figure out your Lat, Long or Zip Code. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch does it for you!
Try it and you will love this app and its features!