Anatomy Apps - Easy App Finder Says:Fully understanding the human anatomy is vital to anyone pursuing a career in the medical field. And this is no easy feat as the body holds many secrets. Thankfully, these apps can help students, doctors, or anyone in need of a greater understanding of the systems, organs, and structure of human anatomy. With clear and concise reference material only a click away on your iPad or iPhone, having an anatomy app on your Apple device can be a great way to get answers or to explain or show someone exactly what is going on in our bodies. The materials stored in these apps are sure to be an important reference for today's " on the go " medical professionals.
- The Blood
- Blood Vessels
- The Heart
- The Respiratory System
- The Immune System
- The Lymphatic System
- The Nervous System
- The Reproductive System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- History of Physiology
- History of Human Physiology
- Human Physiology
- What is Physiology?
- Systems Included in Physiology
- The Circulatory System
- The Gastrointestinal Tract
- The Immune System
- The Integumentary System
- The Musculoskeletal System
- many time based quizzes on content
- advanced search feature
- share via facebook and twitter
- share via text and email
- commenting for both fields
- in app rating
- contact us
Thank you so much for downloading! if you have any questions, concerns, or comments, or any additions you would like to see, please email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
-3D MODELS: Twenty seven models that you control, and include labels of the various structures.
-AUDIO LECTURES: Twenty five audio lectures that describe organ functions and structures
-VIDEOS: Five short videos that show the structures in action
-QUIZZES: Each organ has it's own random multiple-choice quiz, with 8-20 questions about the physical anatomy of each structure. 135 questions total.
-GLOSSARY: For a detailed study, a quick reference with over 320 structures.
-DIAGRAMS: Each page has multiple diagrams that you can zoom into. Over 40 diagrams that cover anatomy, histology and functions of each organ, with text that describes basic information.
Created by an anatomy instructor and reviewed by medical experts. Enjoy the future of learning in this amazing application.
This student centered application, rejuvenates the learner and manages to supplement their learning, while on the go in today's busy lifestyle. The developer of this application takes the student learner into the depths of the human body using a lecture and content series, practice test questions, and data analysis tools.
This application was developed by Study by APP upon noticing that there was a need for an Anatomy and Physiology tutoring tool which was more geared toward today's technological learners.
The ultimate goal of this application is to greatly increase the student's understanding of how the human body's structure correlates with its function. By keeping the student engaged and active through the completion of the program this application will certainly drive home the key points. By downloading this Study by APP program you are sure to eliminate the aches and pains often associated with studying the human body. If you are tired of learning the same old way, download Study by APP today.
Muscular and Skeletal Systems
Circulatory and Respiratory Systems
Osmoregulatory and Endocrine Systems
Male and Female Reproductive Systems
Kelly Garret who currently works as a Chemistry and Anatomy/Physiology teacher in Falmouth Massachusetts developed this application. She has an extensive science background including a M.S. in Chemical and Life Sciences and a B.S. in Environmental and Forest Biology with a minor in Chemistry. Ms. Garrett has been teaching science for the past seven years and Anatomy/Physiology for the past three.
We appreciate your feedback. For questions or comments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try this unique anatomy quiz game and you'll be happy you did!
A quick anatomy lesson: this app features ALL the bones and many landmarks, but in the bone section, there are only 53 bones listed.... aren't there 206 bones in the body? Most of the bones are bilateral... one on each side, so we don't quiz the right femur and left femur, this cuts the list down almost in half. Many bones are repeat... 12 ribs on each side, 10 distal phalanges, 10 proximal phalanges... When we take out all these repetitive bones, we are left with about 53 unique bones.... so please know that this app has been designed by experienced intelligent anatomists!
Blood Vessel Anatomy is a fully-featured flash card app that helps you learn the names, locations, and functions of over 100 blood vessels in the circulatory system.
Included in this app are:
+ Main Deck (over 100 flash cards!)
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble!
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
With Blood Vessel Anatomy, you'll learn the blood vessels in the circulatory system in no time at all!
We're always looking to make improvements to our products. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send us an e-mail at support [at] simpaddico.com.
It is possible to have a test to verify what you know about neuroanatomy for each section.
This application was created with supervision by Prof. John Kubie, Department of Cell Biology at Suny Downstate Medical Center and Prof. Alessandro Angrilli, Dept of General Psychology at University of Padua, Italy.
Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful anatomy app of all time and has more content and features than any other anatomy app—bar none! With over 8,200 structures, our highly accurate, immersive and visually stunning app is the gold standard in medical reference applications. There's not a university or hospital around that does not use Essential Anatomy/Skeleton, resulting in 1.1 million user engagements every month. It is, by far, the worlds most used medical study and reference app.
Download our FREE "Essential Skeleton" app in the free section to experience our groundbreaking 3D technology.
TUAW: "Make no mistake about it: Essential Anatomy by 3D4Medical is the future of touch-based anatomy learning. Essential Anatomy is an app every doctor, physiotherapist, OT, nurse and medical student should own."
-- 3D4Medical highlighted at the 2015 Apple Key Note.
- - Number 1 Top Grossing Medical App in 118 countries worldwide.
- - Quality and Vision: 3D4Medical has led the way in introducing innovative products of exceptional quality. We will continue to forge new paths for others to follow.
- - Accurate Content: Essential Anatomy is used by anatomy professors in thousands of classrooms worldwide, including Stanford University, and has become the standard in third-level education. In many cases, our app is now mandatory with text books optional.
- - Stunning Graphics: No competitor comes close. Essential Anatomy’s proprietary engine was developed and optimized to showcase our new generation anatomical models for a completely immersive user experience.
- - Easy to use: Responsive and intuitive user interface, all systems and menus are easily accessed from the main screen and our model responds quickly to your touch.
- - Read all the reviews of previous versions: Our visionary app has enhanced the lives of reviewers, both professionally and academically.
iMedical Apps: “The 3D anatomy engine and impressive graphics bring a new clarity to anatomy education with impressive accuracy.”
Compatible with iPad 2 and newer, iPhone 4S and newer, iPod Touch 5th Gen. and newer, and iOS 8 or later.
IN APP PURCHASES:
In-app purchases allow additional muscle and skeletal content to be downloaded and accessed from within the app. These boosts add muscle insertion and origin points, skeletal bone parts and surfaces and 100s of animations detailing movements for each articulation.
Visit www.3d4medical.com and watch videos that highlight the app's functionality and quality. You’ll understand why Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful medical reference app of all time!
ESSENTIAL ANATOMY 5:
Essential Anatomy 5 is a full-featured anatomical reference app that includes MALE and FEMALE models, with 11 SYSTEMS and a total of 8,200 ANATOMICAL STRUCTURES. The app is fully 3D, meaning that you can view any structure in isolation, as well as from any angle and represents the latest in groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design. A cutting-edge custom built 3D graphics engine, delivers outstanding quality graphics that no other competitor can achieve.
--Cutting-edge 3D technology
--Over 8,200 highly detailed anatomical structures
--Hide/Fade/Isolate/Fade Others/Hide Others options for individual structures
--Multiple Selection Mode
--Pins: Create customized pins with notes and place anywhere on the 3D model
--Slice: Slice through certain structures using 3D plane tool
--Bookmarks: Preset and Customizable
--Correct audio pronunciation and Latin nomenclature for every structure
--Search via English and Latin nomenclature
--Dynamic Quiz: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
--Share images via social media and e-mail
--Includes anatomy for 11 systems: Skin, Skeletal, Muscles, Connective Tissue, Veins, Arteries, Nerves, Respiratory, Digestive, Urogenital, Lymphatic, also includes the Brain and Heart
Feedback? Contact our customer support at email@example.com.
This Student iPhone and iPod Touch Edition of Grays Anatomy includes:
* COMPLETE TEXT and SD ILLUSTRATIONS
* SCROLLABLE THUMBNAILS OF ALL 1247 ILLUSTRATIONS
* Easy Navigation
We recommend this app for Doctors, Nurses, Students, Teachers and anyone who is interested in the wonder and complexity of the human body.
* Note: this application was not written by McDreamy and the illustrations in no way resemble any characters from the television show Grey's Anatomy ;)
Used as a reference by healthcare professionals and in anatomy courses. Includes all body systems, comprehensive gross anatomy of the male and female (each model with 5,000+ structures), select microanatomy, encyclopedic definitions, disease descriptions, pronunciations, and quizzes.
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas:
(1) How much content is in the app?
- Over 5,000 3D structures in a male and female human body. (Over 10,000 total.) You can zoom, pan, and rotate to study from multiple viewpoints and zoom levels.
- To learn more about any structure, tap on it. You’ll get a definition, pronunciation, Latin term, and common diseases explained.
- More than 1,000 quiz questions
- There is also additional content, like select microanatomy and physiology videos.
(2) How do I access all those 3D structures?
There are three ways to view structures:
- Use the browse or search options to find a body part and show it on screen.
- Tap on a system icon to bring up that entire body system. (Tip: Tap the Favorites icon to save any of the views you make!)
- Select from over 100 pre-made views. These views offer another fast way to access the most popular content. We set them up so you can quickly see regional anatomy (like the thoracic cage with the heart, lungs, and great vessels or the pelvic cavity with reproductive, urinary, and digestive organs).
(3) What are some of the ways I can share this content with my patients, students, or classmates?
- Tap the share icon to email content to anyone!
- Everyone gets a screen capture and a link. Users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone can use the link to open and save the same 3D view on their device.
(4) What makes Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas the worldwide best-seller?
- Expertly developed: Our 3D models and animations are created by biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Yale University, University of Texas, and others.
- Easy to use: Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com). 2015 Tabby User’s Choice Award.
- Used in private practice, at hospitals, universities, and by consumers: Visible Body | Argosy Publishing has decades of experience providing medical content that helps visualize anatomy & physiology. Pharmaceutical and med device companies use our apps to present new products to doctors. Wolters Kluwer Health includes our apps in the wealth of solutions they provide hospitals, medical libraries, professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health. Thousands of people a day, around the globe, visit our website to learn basic anatomy and check out our apps.
(5) What content is in the in-app purchases?
- Most of the additional purchases are videos that show basic physiology and pathologies. These are ideal if you want to extend your copy of Human Anatomy Atlas to also include visual information about physiology and pathology. The app comes with over a dozen videos included. Check those out to get a sense for if you want more.
- There are two in-app purchases that add detailed bony landmarks, muscle attachment details, and 3D animations of common muscle actions. These are for users who want very detailed information on musculoskeletal function.
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-3D MODELS: see the whole picture with seven 3d models that you control, each structure clearly labeled with useful comments.
-MUSCLE IMAGES: 141 major muscles, both deep and superficial with all important information and comments, plus the ability to add your own notes.
-AUDIO: Pronunciation guide for each muscle.
-QUIZ MAKER: Create your own multiple choice quiz on the name, action, origin or insertion... and focus on the leg, arm, torso or head. 480 total questions. If you get it wrong, the app shows the correct muscle image and speaks the name. Also included is a spelling quiz for the muscle names. You can use the favorites section to build your own quizzes.
-ACTION VIEWER: 37 joint action animations with the muscles that do the action, plus comments on the mechanics of each joint.
-VIDEOS: 6 embedded videos explaining the function of the hip, shoulder, back and face muscles, as well as fascia and the nervous system (20 min total).
This robust application is a great teaching and learning tool for students, educators and healthcare practitioners wanting to study or teach the muscular system.
60% OFF REGULAR PRICE FOR LIMITED TIME.
Boost your anatomy knowledge TODAY! Looking for the Lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerve? With our award-winning app, it’s easy: retrieve any anatomical structure and relevant clinical information in an instant. Search through 1000s of anatomical structures such as ligaments, tendons, arteries, veins, organs, and glossary items. Browse by system layers including skin, skeletal, connective tissue, muscular, circulatory, digestive, reproductive, lymphatic, respiratory, urinary and more…
“User Interface: This is really what separates this app from the rest. Easy and high resolution zooming and movement. Navigating the body couldn't be easier. Of all the anatomy apps I've seen this is definitely one of the best.” Medical Student *****
“Thinking of you: All the anatomy apps have the blue dots with information, but with Pocket Anatomy you can click on a muscle and it will give you origin, insertion, key relations, functions (actions), nerve and blood supply, and clinical perspectives, plus a notes section so that you can write in additional notes. Even better, in the updated version you can add pins to really CUSTOMIZE it.” Medical Resident *****
Our growing community of 1 Million users are becoming better medical professionals by learning and refreshing using Pocket Anatomy.
Visualize complex medical concepts with the newly added Blausen Animations Library - the World’s leading library of award winning 3D medical animations. 30 animations are included in your first purchase. With additional in-app purchase you can also unlock over 1,000 more animations, detailing anatomy, physiology, conditions and procedures. You can watch each video unlimited times and even save it to your device for offline viewing.
A unique combination of features makes Pocket Anatomy the superior Anatomy and Physiology product in the market place:
1. INTUITIVE SEARCH
Confusion is easy when it comes to anatomy terms. With our intuitive search option it will suffice to type in only the first characters of the word you are looking for, or one of the words composing the main term. E.g. if you type in “trap” you will get “trapezoid” as well as “coracoclavicular-trapezoid ligament”. The more letters you type the more refined the search.
2. INTUITIVE NAVIGATION
Fly around the human body swiping your finger on the screen, fluidly navigating from the skin layer through the superficial to deep musculature, and on through to internal organ structures, ligaments and the skeletal system.
3. RICH CONTENT
Pocket Anatomy now includes full 3D male and female anatomy as well as detailed stand alone visual information on circulatory, connective tissue, digestive, integumentary, lymphatic, muscular, reproductive, respiratory, skeletal and urinary systems.
4. CLINICAL RELEVANCE
Anatomical structures in each layer are pinned for identification. Each pin is associated with additional concise relevant information and clinical notes.
5. GREAT STUDY TOOL
Studying for your next Anatomy and Physiology exam? Add your notes next to a pin, bookmark the content you are interested in and retrieve it every time you need it. Test your knowledge with your classmates or challenge yourself with our quizzes.
6. YOU’RE IN GOOD COMPANY
***** "This BEAUTIFUL app offers mobile medical education for students." Apple iTunesU
***** “EXCELLENT visuals and seamless 3D navigation” MedGadget
***** “Renders the old text-book pretty close to obsolete” CNET
7. OUR COMMITMENT
We are committed to offer you the best updated content to help you enhance your anatomy learning experience. With over 35 free updates to our software since 2010, we are committed to ensuring that your voices are heard. Please email us at hello@PocketAnatomy.com and share your feedback on how to improve the content, usability & design of our apps.
Claudia, Conor, Dave, Mark & Team
SPEED QUIZ 3D: Featuring 140 bones and landmark locations, plus an audio option that speaks the correct pronunciation of each structure as the quiz progresses. The quiz is randomized, and you can choose from a half quiz (70 questions), the full quiz (140 questions), or practice mode where you practice 10 questions at a time on an area you need help with.
REFERENCE MODE: Choose the structure that you want to see, then view written comments, listen to the correct pronunciation, view diagrams of the structure, and see it rotating in 3D that you control, plus images of the real bone!
DIAGRAMS: 12 pages covering the entire body. Each diagram is high resolution and can be zoomed in for detail.
3D MODELS: Nine 3D models which you control. Each model has stops along the rotation that are labeled, so you can get a better sense of what you are viewing. Includes the ankle, wrist, cranium, torso, elbow, knee, vertebrae, pelvis and sacrum.
VIDEO: Learn the basics of the skeletal system in this high quality 10-minute video.
"This game is a blast! If you are at all fascinated with the way the human body works, Speed Anatomy is a must!" -http://iphoneapplicationlist.com
See what reviewers had to say about other games in this series:
"Speed Bones MD is a lot of fun and a cheap way to learn a bit about the 200 bones or more that make up your very own skeleton"-www.knowyourmobile.com
"For just 99 cents, much less than a Medical Degree, Speed Bones is a fantastic game that contains dozens of images and helps you learn as you play."-kickbuttapplications.blogspot.com
Play Speed Anatomy then impress your doctor with your cunning intellect on your next visit!
-Contains close to 300 labeled parts from all the main regions of the body. It is the newest and longest game in the series!
-Earn points for precision and speed.
-Compare high scores with your facebook friends using OpenFeint.
-A magnifying glass appears when holding your finger on an image allowing you to achieve more precision and higher scores.
This games is fun for everyone plus it makes life easy for those tackling anatomy for high school, university or even medical school. Practice mode allows you to learn specific regions without doing all the previous levels. Review mode lets you replay all the mistakes you made in the last game.
Contains 28 levels including an overview of bones, muscles, arteries, veins, respiratory system and digestive system also more detailed levels covering bones, lungs, pharynx, larynx, nasal cavity,oral cavity, dentition, liver, pancreas, brain, auditory system and visual system.
Also try Speed Bones MD, Speed Muscles MD and Speed Angiology MD for more in depth levels of bones, muscles and the circulatory system!
The free Speed Anatomy Lite and Speed Bones Lite are also available.
This app contains English, French and German (latin) translations.
I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you find something is missing.
*If you enjoy this game, please rate it in the app store. I greatly appreciate your support!*
• Winners for 2011-2014 in Best Medical App (awarded by http://bestappever.com)
• Visual Anatomy is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap (https://www.healthtap.com/#apps/375/promote)
• Support English, French, Spanish and German languages
Visual Anatomy is an interactive reference, and education tool. It contains more than 500 high-resolution images (plus 141 single muscle images) and more than 850 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. Major muscles have action animations. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. In addition, 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions also are included. It also has all Gray's anatomy images for a quick review.
••Differences between paid version and Lite (Free) version••
1. Paid version has deep muscles and muscle index table with audio.
2. Paid version has more than 100 major muscle action movies.
3. Paid version has more than 200 bone markers.
4. Paid version has audio pronunciation for all anatomy terms.
5. Paid version has 150 more quizzes.
6. Paid version has all 1247 Gray's images.
7. Paid version has more 3D models.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It can be also used as human anatomy guide or anatomy dictionary.
• No internet connection is required.
• Tap and Pinch Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
• 3D rotational models
• Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
• Great for learning anatomy and physiology
• Audio: Pronunciation guide for all anatomy terms.
• High-resolution images.
• Free periodic updates.
1. Organ 3D overview
2. One of main sections - Muscles. It have 145 muscles including full description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS) and cover all superficial muscles and most of deep muscles. A muscle index table with 145 single muscle images.
3. One of main sections - Bones with some bone markers.
Skeleton overview, Skull, Inferior and Superior skull,Neck Bones, Spinal Column, Ribs, Pelvic Girdle, Hand Bones, Foot Bones. It also includes ligaments in knee, shoulder and ankle joints.
4. Respiratory System(overview), Lung,
5. Digestive System(overview), Liver,
6. Urinary System,
7. Nervous System(overview), Brain, Central Nervous System,
8. Reproductive System (Male and female),
9. Senses (Finger, Hand, Ear ,Mouth, Nasal Cavity, Nose, Tongue,Human Denture)
10. Circulatory system. (Principle Veins and Arteries, Heart Anatomy, Head vessels)
11. Endocrine System (overview)
12. 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions
13. 1247 Gray's anatomy images.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image and label.
I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you have some feedback.